Bark bark etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
Yeah, I may send a note or a letter through the post and use RSPCA letterhead?

Excellent, use forgery and deception rather than give any of the legitimate courses of action a try, because you reckon they wouldn't do anything anyway (without having tried of course, you just reckon...) and it might involve you going to all the trouble of making notes for a few days...

My ex rang the rspca about the neighbours dog that was tied to a dolls house in the garden for 10 hours on a really short lead plus we had a major thunderstorm. He was terrified, they came round the same night and sorted it, no diary, etc required. Only problem was, she was so worried about the dog that her ferret escaped out of the catflap while she was making the call, so we were wandering up and down the road in the pouring rain trying to track the little bugger down - was getting seriously worried he might end up being confiscated by the rspca inspectors!!!:tongue:

Maz

Guru
punkypossum said:
...Only problem was, she was so worried about the dog that her ferret escaped out of the catflap while she was making the call, so we were wandering up and down the road in the pouring rain trying to track the little bugger down - was getting seriously worried he might end up being confiscated by the rspca inspectors!!!:tongue:
Did you manage to find the ferret?!

Arch

Married to Night Train
BTW Dom, have you thought about why it's barking all day? Lonely and bored. But according to you, animals (well chickens certainly) can't feel bored, only hunger, thirst or fear. So where does your line of animals-that-can-be-emotionally-upset get drawn? Just interested, as you never answered that question before...

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Arch said:
BTW Dom, have you thought about why it's barking all day? Lonely and bored. But according to you, animals (well chickens certainly) can't feel bored, only hunger, thirst or fear. So where does your line of animals-that-can-be-emotionally-upset get drawn? Just interested, as you never answered that question before...

Arch, I never said that no animal could feel boredom. That comment was specifically regarding chickens which don't have a brain or intelligence as we would recognise them. They have only a very primitive, pea sized thing which can just about process the functions to peck and to flap their wings if necessary.

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Arch said:
Excellent, use forgery and deception rather than give any of the legitimate courses of action a try, because you reckon they wouldn't do anything anyway (without having tried of course, you just reckon...) and it might involve you going to all the trouble of making notes for a few days...

I have made some videos now of the poor little thing. It is a nice looking dog, a brown spaniel. I just don't understand why anyone would buy a dog like this to just put out in the back garden and leave to howl?

Anyway, the neighbour has opened his shed door now so that the dog can go in there. It is quite a big shed and the dog seems much happier as it does not seem to be making much noise any more.

Grrrrrrrrrr!

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
Arch, I never said that no animal could feel boredom. That comment was specifically regarding chickens which don't have a brain or intelligence as we would recognise them. They have only a very primitive, pea sized thing which can just about process the functions to peck and to flap their wings if necessary.

So where do you draw the line? I'm really interested. At what point does a bag of reflexes become a brain, to you? Duck? Goose? Horse? Cow? Pig? Dog? Cat? Football supporter? Ever see those programmes in the 80's about blue tits solving puzzles to get at peanuts? They have even tinier brains than chickens...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Bigtallfatbloke said:
If it is a Jack Russell we may live next door to the same mutt. I hate the neighbours dog...it's a JR and deserves to be shot.

I like it! "Who shot JR?", was it Digger Barnes or Sue Ellen? No, it was Bigtallfatbloke:biggrin:

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
A couple of nights ago the lady who lives on the other side came over to our house for a wee chat. Thank gawd we are not the only ones to be up in arms, apparently it's the whole street. Also, this is the second time they have done it, they did it seven years ago with an Alsation and were forced to get rid of the thing.

We were treated to almost an hour of good solid gossip about this family. How they frequently have blazing arguments in the middle of the night, how she once chased him up onto the roof of their shed brandishing a carving knife, how she called this neighbour every name under the sun as she suspected her to be the one who originally reported them to the RSPCA, how they claim that this dog is like a member of the family even though it is left in the garden the whole time and their back door is now covered in scratch marks.

It was confirmed that the RSPCA are not interested in them or the dog as they have been out to see them a couple of times already. We are now planning a joint strategy to get the dog out of there. I have floated the idea of stealing the dog and giving it to someone who wants it, someone is already in mind. This family send their son to school at just gone six in the morning and none of them get home until after nine at night!

My plan is to just hop over the two fences one night when no one is about, put the dog straight in the car and take it to the person who wants a new dog. Should I clear it with the rest of the neighbours first and make a joint plan or not get them involved?

simoncc

If the whole street considers the dog a nuisance the council will probably act quite quickly. The more complaints they get about a problem the faster they act in my experience, and I've done the dog complaint to the council 3 times now, successful in every case.

Sometimes if a gate is opened dogs leave of their own accord and don't come back. A neighbour who is away all day every day isn't likely to spot their gate being opened.

U

User482

Noise is a Statutory Nuisance under the Environmental Protection Act 1990. Your council has legal powers to deal with it.

yenrod

domtyler said:
A neighbour has seen fit to buy a dog for his kids and has just left it out in the back garden where it is barking and whining non-stop, all day, all night.

This has been going on for a couple of weeks now but they seem to have now left it in their garden permanently to look after itself.

I have looked at the RSPCA site, but the advice is not clear. I cannot see into their garden as they are a couple of doors down. While the noise is annoying, it is not quite bad (i.e. loud) enough to warrant getting the council involved.

What should I do?

-Ignore it and hope it goes away/dies?
-Confront the neighbour? He is a six foot something Greek/Cypriot bloke with a bad temper.
-Steal the dog and take it to Battersea?
-Kill the dog and bury it?
-Report to the authorities?

I didnt know Castles where built next to each other !

Top Bottom