Barry Meyer trial. (Title edited)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Predictably:

The Drummond saga may not end there. According to the cycling charity CTC, in November 2014, a Hayley Caroline Drummond applied to set up a new operator, HCD London, based at an address near to that of AJ Drummond, which was granted in March 2015. CTC has alerted the Traffic Commissioner, so that he can investigate whether they are linked.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co....illing_cyclist_alan_neve_in_holborn_1_4403238

A lorry driver jailed after crushing a cyclist to death has today failed to get his jail sentence quashed.

Barry Meyer, 54, killed music industry executive Alan Neve who was cycling to work in the West End from his east London home at Poplar.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co....illing_cyclist_alan_neve_in_holborn_1_4403238

A lorry driver jailed after crushing a cyclist to death has today failed to get his jail sentence quashed.

Barry Meyer, 54, killed music industry executive Alan Neve who was cycling to work in the West End from his east London home at Poplar.

Good that he lost the appeal, but 3½ years seems very lenient in the first place. I wouldn't mind the short custodial sentence if it was accompanied by a lifetime driving ban - do the courts ever pass those out?

Licramite

Über Member
Kind of blows - cycling isn't dangerous- out the window, with dicks like him on the road. I only whish it was an isolated incident - but it ain't.

Origamist

Legendary Member
They could only do that if the CPS had appealed the original sentence for being too lenient. They didn't.

That's my understanding - the CPS were not likely to appeal because he received a sentence of three and half years (max sentence: 5 years). However, given the late nature of his guilty plea and the aggravating factors, he could have got a slightly longer sentence, all the same.

The "shame" was that the CPS didn't go with the causing death by dangerous driving in the first place and I'm glad the Judge upheld the original sentence.

Top Bottom