BASECAMP BC-522 Lycra Review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Today for the first time in my life I was a Mamil .

WP_20160430_009.jpg

Also, for the first time since I rode a bike in my teenage years I wore padded cycling shorts, so as you can see it's been a day of new and old experiences .

100_5675.jpg

The Lycra shorts and shirt were supplied by GearBest for me to evaluate and report back , on first inspection I thought I had ordered the wrong size by a country mile . I normally wear medium size so that is what I ordered , upon opening the package when it arrived from China it looked looked very small indeed .

On further inspection of the shorts and shirt I noticed that they both seemed a very well made piece of clothing that should be hard wearing and comfortable as well . All the seams and stitching looked nice and tidy . The three back pockets were of a decent enough size for stuffing things into if needed .

100_5679.jpg

The shorts were nicely padded with what Base Camp call stereo padding !! It is a nice thick layer of padding that seemed strange at first but you soon get use to it .

100_5684.jpg

When the time came to try the garments on I soon realised that I should have ordered a larger size . So be warned I am 5ft 10" tall and weigh aprox 11.5st with a 32" waist and a medium is rather on the small size for me .

It was still too cold to go out in just this set so I decided to wear them as base layers under my normal cycling clothes . So with some trepidation I set of this morning and was surprised how comfy everything felt under these garments , the padding in the shorts felt fine and was in all the right places and the seams around the legs and waist were not too tight . Whilst the shirt felt snug around the rib cage it felt fine everywhere else and was certainly doing a good job of keeping me warm .

WP_20160430_014.jpg

After nearly two hours in the saddle with 31 miles under my belt I still felt as comfortable as I had when I first put them on , with no extra sweating or feeling too hot . The padding in the shorts certainly gave my backside and other bits a comfy ride , with no sign of chaffing or rubbing anywhere so it certainly did its job.

All in all so far I have been impressed with the products BestGear have supplied , the shipping is free and totally trackable via the couriers they use , my goods turned up with DHL without a fuss . So yes I will be ordering from BestGear again and I would happily advise people to check them out .

This is a link to featured clothing www.gearbest.com/cycling-clothings/pp_332256.html

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well so far so good have used both pieces for the last 3 days and i am impressed . Shorts have been tried for 2 hours combat style and 2 x 1 hr 20 min rides with underpants and both felt good with no rubbing or chaffing .

Top has been used a base layer under an Aldi top and Madison jacket and then today just under the madison jacket again it feels nice next to bare skin and the quality is good so far .

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Has first outing today in the lycra shorts and still find them very comfy and they have not shrunk in the wash which is a good sign

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
have been using this lycra now for about 5 weeks and have covered aprox 300 miles and i must admit i find it very good , it has washed well with no shrinking or stitches coming undone

Top Bottom