Battery lights that permanently attach to the bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
These beasts from the 90s locked onto the bike...

View attachment 672079

but i wouldn't recommend them :whistle:

A derivation of the 70/80s never ready lights with zero improvement in either lighting capability or battery life or weight.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Ha, I had a set of them. ...
Me too. They were fantastic lights at the time... for about fifteen minutes until the whopping batteries lost their wallop.
A derivation of the 70/80s never ready lights with zero improvement in either lighting capability or battery life or weight.
Absolutely... i think it was just the beam pattern and key gimmick that made the Duracell lights marginally better than an old Ever Ready lantern.

davidphilips

Veteran
Agree with Oldhippy on this, perhaps keep a look on Ebay theres a used light set for £25 minus the dynamo wheel and am sure you could pick one of them up from ebay also, just fit it leave it on all the time and forget about it.
No worries about charging, forgetting to fit battery pack or even switching lights on, if you are lucky you might be able to get a used dynamo set up for less than the cost of a new battery set up?

Tom B

Guru
Perhaps a day late and dollar short but I have a set of just better than poundshop lights on my clunker.

The have screw on clamps but I've modified a couple to go on the braised fittings. Normally they clip in and out but I've superglued them a and screwed through with a small self tapper.

Just make sure theyre the type you can open to change the batteries without having to unmount. They've never been nicked, but at under a fiver a set I'm not too fussed if they get nicked occasionally. I've lost more over the years through water ingress and them being smashed off on collisions when the scenery has jumped out at me.

My last lights have died, so I am in the market for new ones.

I want something that mounts direct to a my crown with screws, so I don't have to carry it round with me when I park. I'm not that worried about theft.

My eyesight is not what it was a couple of years ago (I am legal to drive with a prescription). I want something dark enough for country lanes at night on road, but not bright enough to dazzle car drivers.

Ideally, I would like a battery pack which I can take in for charging, or maybe even a bottle dynamo? I like bottle dynamos, but the one I used to buy doesn't seem to exist anymore (B&M Lumotec 6).

I've not read this whole thread but my Faceboke page has been getting bombarded with ads for Orb lights that you leave attached.

Gwylan

Veteran
I've no idea as to how good it is but as I was saying my Farceboke Wall has been bombarded by this since I read this thread.

https://www.orb.bike/product/the-orb-droidset/

Top Bottom