1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery saving

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Afnug, 19 May 2017.

1. Afnug

Afnug Yining & Yanging but mostly Yanging

The wife has just informed me that her mother who is 92 takes the battery out of her watch every night to make it last longer :wacko: she could afford a new watch every time the battery needs replacing.

I suppose on a positive note is the fact she can fit and remove the watch back and battery at her age.

• Like Like x 4
  2. numbnuts

numbnuts Guru

Some car drivers are the same they think they are saving electricity by no turning their lights on

3. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

Is this a Viz top tip?

• Like Like x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    Afnug

Afnug Yining & Yanging but mostly Yanging

I don't think she reads it, but you never know.

• Like Like x 1
  5. voyager

voyager E- tadpole Triker

My other half was a TV engineer in the seventies , he went to a woman to repair her TV .
    Back then there were still 3 standard types of mains plugs , the usual way was to push the soldering iron's bare wires in with a plug , bonus he thought , there was a "spare " plug in the socket. He used it , repaired the TV and left the plug on the mantle piece when he left . He was called back by a very upset old lady who told him the plugs were in the sockets to stop the electricity running out on the carpet - he left very quickly !

always made me chuckle

regards emma

• Like Like x 4
  6. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Drivers rushing along faster than usual trying to get to the petrol station before they run out of petrol.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Some people think tyres last longer if you swap front and back around to even out the wear.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Milzy

Milzy Über Member

I think it's pretty cool she does that, if it makes her happy.

• Like Like x 1