Battle of Agincourt?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
My wife confronted me this morning with this question.
Oh my god! I thought it was the ninth not the seventh.
How many of you have slipped up and missed your wedding anniversary?
Some might recall this was the answer that Basil gave when asked by Sybil Fawlty what day it was on their anniversary. He remembered but wanted to give her a surprise party.

View: https://youtu.be/LuKGVW83dW0

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I haven't in 26 years. Otherwise :boxing:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I have two wedding anniversaries each year, despite having only been married once. I got married on Good Friday, so that's one day to miss and the other is the 29th March. That said, I cannot recall forgetting the 29th March one. My wife has, and she remembered whilst sitting in a sauna with another man!!

As an aside, I loved history, battles etc whilst growing up and I was always miffed up that my dad's birthday was both the anniversary of the battle of Agincourt (and the Charge of the Light Brigade) whereas mine was the Treaty of Brest Litovsk.
shouldn't be putting those details online charlie in case they are seen by an educated, or google equipped, identity thief.
My birthday is a particularly well known battle but I aint telling you which.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
shouldn't be putting those details online charlie in case they are seen by an educated, or google equipped, identity thief.
Good point, hadn't thought of that.

postman

Legendary Member
I have a wonderful story of an old pal of mine.A postman driver at our depot.He has been a Sgt Major in the war,his wife was on the Ack Ack guns in London.So they were married donkeys years.Sadly she died before him,it was while they were doing the legal stuff for the undertaker that he realised both he and her has celebrated their Anniversary on the wrong day for years,they both had got it wrong.

stephec

Legendary Member
Mrs Stephec never seems impressed when I tell people how I remember the date, it was the end of the 92/93 season, Bruce Rioch's first season in charge at Bolton when we were promoted from the third tier to the second tier of the English league, beating Preston North End on the last day of the season thanks to a John McGinlay late penalty, we were promoted and they were relegated, how we laughed at our local rivals.

Then not long before the big day we played Blackpool in a pre season friendly, Trevor Sinclair was still an up and coming player for them.

I can't see her problem. 😄

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
When I saw the thread title I thought it was something to do with Sidney Poitiers.. Must be my old archery hobby surfacing..

Incidentally, MrsPete and I are 1 - 1 at forgetting our wedding anniversary. Not too bad in 33 ½ years, we reckon.

classic33

Leg End Member
Are you saying he's only a few months shy of 102nd birthday?
And he's still cycling!!

Top Bottom