Battle on the Beach 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I think there are probably a few V60s entered, there were last time...

Arthritus put an end to my racing about 10 years ago, I am still cycling and swimming etc. but no more racing as I cannot push down as hard as I used to and definitely no running.

Have fun though, it looks like a good event.

huwsparky

Über Member
How did you guys get on? Weather didn't look all that bad!!!

OP
OP
SimonJKH

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
Ups and downs... It was dry, which is always a bonus for Wales. Good atmosphere at the start line with everyone in high spirits and keen for the off (despite being assaulted by some horrific music over the PA). Racing along the beach was great fun - worth the price of entry on its own. Flat out for a good 6 km. Into the technical stuff my poor bike handling skills were exposed. I was on the ground a couple of times, but all part of the fun! Getting into the single track section on the first lap is the mother of all pinch-points, and those of us who'd started near the back just had to stand and queue... but we were all secretly glad of the enforced rest. Some VERY up and down bits were possibly more than a cx bike is meant for. How the tandems got though I can't imagine! I got as far as time-trialling down the beach a second time, smokin' fools all the way :biggrin: and back into the technical stuff when my rear mech decided to say goodbye to the hanger, take a trip around the cassette and smash into the front mech bringing my day to a very abrupt end!!!
So, it is a fun event, well worth getting to if you can. I might well be back next year... maybe single-speeding it?

oldroadman

Veteran
The more I read about this race, the more I wish I had a local pop-up bike shop with loads of chains and transmission bits, things sand does not like and works like grinding paste, even dry.. Could be quite an earner! ^_^

Top Bottom