BB advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roger44

I have a FSA SL-K LIGHT Carbon crankset BB30 with 30mm spindle that I need to fit into a threaded frame.
Can I use ANY BB30 bottom bracket or do I need to look at a specific type.

The frame currently is fitted with a FSA CRANKSET MEGAEXO 19MM SPINDLE. Thread is 1.37x24

any help gratefully recvd,

many thanks from 'easily confused'

not sure what Im not making clear. the frame currently has a Megaexo crankset with a 19mm spindle. I want to remove it and fit a crankset with a 30mm spindle. surely I can just unscrew the existing bb and screw in a new one, only difference being the crankset spindle diameter.
So, what BB do I need?
Im thinking something like these
Rotor BSA 30mm Steel Bottom Bracket
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/rotor-bsa-30mm-steel-bottom-bracket/rp-prod130466

ok gUYS , I see what you mean, the length of the 24mm spindle is too short to fit. I need the longer one. I just happen to one, just not as light as the SL-K

Last edited:
You’ll need an adaptor to reduce the size of the hole into which the spindle fits, from 35 mm to 30 mm.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Check the FSA website, I think they have a pdf, which explains what combinations are possible.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Then you need to find a good bike shop. Not a bike supermarket. Where are you in the country?

Actually the bb you've linked looks correct.

OP
OP
R

roger44

Then you need to find a good bike shop. Not a bike supermarket. Where are you in the country?
yes, I have a good LBS near me. I need to install the di2 before they fit the crankset for me. and was thinking if its just take one out and screwing in a new one, I could do it myself.

U

User6179

I have a FSA SL-K LIGHT Carbon crankset BB30 with 30mm spindle

I believe you now get bb30 cranks in two lengths of spindle to fit the new EVO BB , if you have the standard length which I think is to fit a 68mm BB30 shell then any BB with outboard bearings like the ones you link to are not going to work.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Once you've cleared that up, search on CC for several posts I've written about BB30 axles creaking and the need to use bearing fit compound inside the bearing inner races. It's a permanent cure.

One solution we used to fit a BB30 to my son's Tarmac was a Praxis Works sleeve, which is an excellent device. This may be what you need.

Top Bottom