BB Q

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Just a quick question - If I was to get another hybrid bike (i.e. a crap one just for the frame), how easy would it be to transfer the components over? I'm thinking I could do all the shifters, cassette etc easily, but how would I know if the chain rings / bottom bracket would fit - if the bottom bracket is the same then is it just a case of changing over the cranks and chain rings?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Almost certainly you could just swap the BB over as well. Chances are the chainset would just swap over, but new BBs are not exactly expensive.
You got a BB tool?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I thought you were having a BBQ!!! The weather today would have been perfect - I expect my freckles are now on summer mode.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
TheDoctor said:
Almost certainly you could just swap the BB over as well. Chances are the chainset would just swap over, but new BBs are not exactly expensive.
You got a BB tool?

Possibly if it is in my Lidl tool kit, otherwise no!

summerdays said:
I thought you were having a BBQ!!! The weather today would have been perfect - I expect my freckles are now on summer mode.

Well, I would never intentionally lead anyone astray :smile:

youngoldbloke said:
But why bother to buy a crap bike to get a crap frame?

Might not be a crap frame. My hybrid frame is slightly too squish so I'm toying with the idea of just swapping over components to another frame rather than buy another bike (which is very tempting as always).

Top Bottom