BB30 cup play specialized venge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oscarplu

Über Member
Hi all, I have a 2013 specialized venge, it has developed play in the bb Cup. Just wondered if anyone has any fixes that they could suggest for this. Please see video.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Do you mean play between the bearings and shell or play in the bearings?
Can't see any video.

OP
OP
oscarplu

oscarplu

Über Member
Do you mean play between the bearings and shell or play in the bearings?
Can't see any video.
It's actual play in the part that is fitted within the bike frame of the bike!! The actual bottom bracket of the bike. I can't get the video to upload at the min🤔

OP
OP
oscarplu

oscarplu

Über Member
No, just movement in the crank. Brand new bottom bracket, but because the actual cup within the frame is worn, I still have movement. I really don't want to buy a new bike!!

OP
OP
oscarplu

oscarplu

Über Member
This cup

Attachments

• IMG-20200330-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20200330-WA0019.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
oscarplu

oscarplu

Über Member
The bike shop fitted it, but said the cup in the frame is worn, I have tried another bb and yes, it is worn😕

ozboz

Guru
Check out a site called Hambini, you may see something on one of his BB30 rants they could help , and yes I do mean rant ! He’s a killer !
But no one seems prepared to take him to task on his opinions , he’s an aeronautic design engineer of sorts ,

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Have you got a video? I cannot see it on my device. From the little I see from the photo the frame looks fine to me, do you still need a press to put the bearings in or do they just pop in by hand?

Top Bottom