BBB Hardwear Aqua-shield Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

I bought the these ones recently from wiggle

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/bbb-heavy-duty-oss-shoe-covers/

Used them for maybe 5 or 6 commutes only putting my right foot down once or twice in each commute and the toe already has two small holes :sad: I wasnt going to get them because i read mixed reviews about them but at the time they were the only ones in my size and budget

Black n Yellow will be along shortly to ask what do you expect putting your foot down:wacko:.

Maybe a batch of these softer than usual, mines stay on my shoes and I have some power tape where they holed, have did 2000 plus miles in them since and they have been fine but im super carefull with them now.

Col5632

Guru
Black n Yellow will be along shortly to ask what do you expect putting your foot down:wacko:.

Maybe a batch of these softer than usual, mines stay on my shoes and I have some power tape where they holed, have did 2000 plus miles in them since and they have been fine but im super carefull with them now.

You think the top would be made of thicker better stuff to stop it doing it in the first place, i'm unsure if i should just return them for other ones :wacko:

U

User6179

You think the top would be made of thicker better stuff to stop it doing it in the first place, i'm unsure if i should just return them for other ones :wacko:

I doubt you will get a refund, you could tape them up like I did and get the winter out of them.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have the waterflex ones and so far they have been fine in the rain with no water ingress and also kept my feet warm when it has been freezing. I haven't used them in torrential rain yet or at much below minus 1 or 2 so not tested to the extremes.

U

User6179

Wiggle have the option to return used items that have failed so i can only but try that, i only really want to exchange them for the ones this thread is about :laugh:

Wiggle ,I,ve had a few things refunded on warranty and I never even returned them as they were quite cheap, they just took my word for it and refunded me, you can only try.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, the time has come. After 4 years of regular commuting service, I've decided to buy new. Back of the overshoe is starting to tear away from the zip at the sole. Still waterproof, still work well, but they are looking pretty tatty.

New DDD Hardwear Aquashields ordered for less than £23. (getting harder to find).

I'm happy with them over the 4 years, plenty of nicks in the material, but they have stayed waterproof. I'll use the old ones when I do a winter 'off road' commute - don't want my nice new ones all muddy do we.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well, the time has come. After 4 years of regular commuting service, I've decided to buy new. Back of the overshoe is starting to tear away from the zip at the sole. Still waterproof, still work well, but they are looking pretty tatty.

New DDD Hardwear Aquashields ordered for less than £23. (getting harder to find).

I'm happy with them over the 4 years, plenty of nicks in the material, but they have stayed waterproof. I'll use the old ones when I do a winter 'off road' commute - don't want my nice new ones all muddy do we.

Still haven't got round to buying a pair.
Funnily enough I was looking at overshoes yesterday.

What are the sizes like Fossy?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sizes seem to be spot on.

I'm normally a 43, but my MTB shoes are a 44. Bought the 43/44 and these fit nice and snug.

Top Bottom