BBC Broadcast of Scotland's toughest cycle event

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
Your average sportive around the UK can top the 100 mile mark and can be an all-day affair, but for those riders who aren’t content with merely seven hours in the saddle there are the more extreme ‘Audax’ events.

Next Tuesday (December 9) an Adventure Show special on BBC2 Scotland follows every pedal stroke of the Highlands, Glens and Western Isles event, where riders must cover 1,300km in just 100 hours.

There are no team cars, masseurs or spare bikes for these riders, who need to gain stamps to prove they have reached each checkpoint on the course, cycling day and night to reach their target.

As if cycling 1,300km in 100 hours wasn’t tough enough, the Scottish Highlands are no easy place to ride, with 18,000m of ascent to tackle en route.

View: http://vimeo.com/112902193

Fubar

Guru
Looks good, need to remember to tape it. Calling @Edwardoka for his next challenge!

jiberjaber

Veteran
Looking forward to seeing this on Iplayer, thanks for the heads up... it'll be interesting to see the effects of fatigue on the riders...

I've been harbouring an interest for Audax but I suspect this would be at the extreme of what I would manage! LOL

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I try to keep a calendar of cycling on TV up to date and I'm now confused. I've got (I no longer remember where from) this audax down as being broadcast next Tuesday (9/12) and I can't find it listed on iPlayer. What am I missing?

EDIT: Oh, are you talking about the preview?

Top Bottom