BBC Broadcast of Scotland's toughest cycle event

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Watched it last night, must say it was well done, good few from fife too :thumbsup:

Just shows how truly beautiful Scotland really is ^_^

gavgav

Guru
Finally caught up with watching this. What a brilliant programme. Whilst I would never consider something to that extreme, it does inspire me to make sure I do my Coast to Coast in 2015. Fair play to all the riders.

Also, how amazing is the scenery in Western Scotland! I would love to take my bike up there soon and so some riding

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Finally caught up with watching this. What a brilliant programme. Whilst I would never consider something to that extreme, it does inspire me to make sure I do my Coast to Coast in 2015. Fair play to all the riders.

Also, how amazing is the scenery in Western Scotland! I would love to take my bike up there soon and so some riding
Bring a midge net...

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I did a ride wound Skye a couple of years ago, and it was truly stunning.
Would love to do this Audax, but wishing and doing are two different things.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
gearwise, I was really puzzeld by how little the Swedes were carrying. Or did they have a forth person in a car carrying spare cloths?

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
They struck me as people who weren't overly scrimping, I imagine they bought what they needed on the way and discarded it when they didn't. Didn't they use a couple of hotels? Easy enough to wash your kit there, especially if they possessed the stereotypical Nordic casual attitude to nudity (that's presuming they even shared rooms).

Are there rules against having a 'care package' delivered to a midway point? I assumed support cars were against the rules (plus you'd hope a support driver wouldn't let them screw up the route so badly!). Anyway, while they started quickly, they finished towards the cut off time suggesting they paused more.

Top Bottom