BBC Highway Code Test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
10/10 - peasy !

Suggest touting this question around a supermarket carpark though, or outside a school where there are lots of mums in 4x4's, or at a taxi rank.
The answers here would be illuminating !

longers

Legendary Member
9/10 here. Phew! I guessed the junction distance wrong (and guessed the dog one right).

Arch

Married to Night Train
10/10 - but I guessed the distance from the junction one.

I think, next time the BBC do one of those Test the Nation quizzes, it should all be on HC and road use. That might actually educate a few people...

I love the "how would you plan your route" one. How dim are the British, really? Actually, don't answer that....

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
10/10 - but I guessed the distance from the junction one.

I think, next time the BBC do one of those Test the Nation quizzes, it should all be on HC and road use. That might actually educate a few people...

I love the "how would you plan your route" one. How dim are the British, really? Actually, don't answer that....

considering the explosion in satnav, should it not have appeared as an option, perhaps in the same one as the map?

Big Bren

10/10 - it seems that the theory part of the driving test thesedays is about as challenging as A Levels.

I genuinely think, considering the congestion and pollution crisis we're experiencing, that the driving test should be a serious undertaking and bloody hard work to pass. I also think it should be a closed system with a finite number of licences available mind you, but that's probably a bridge too far:

"Congratulations Mr/Miss Youngperson001, you've passed your driving test. You will be added to the waiting list and your licence will be issued when there is capacity in the system"

"When will that be?"

"When someone dies, is banned or reaches the age of 65 and fails the compulsory re-test."

Bren

bonj2

Faults:
1) I don't get how knowing the answer to "Before you plan your route it is wise to know where you are going. What is the best way to do this? (A: look at a map)"
I disagree with this on two counts: I don't think questions this easy should be in it, and I don't think the test should consist of any questions about navigation - as it's perfectly legal to not know where you're going and get completely lost.

2) "What speed limit might you find in narrow residential streets? (A: 20mph)" is ambiguous, as 30mph was also one of the options and that is also found in some narrow residential streets.

I got 8/10, got the dog one wrong (not sure why you should have to be up on the latest in dog training to pass your driving test, but still...) and the one about distance to park from a junction wrong.

Emu

10/10 but guessed the dog and junction questions. I was expecting signs for ildlife or stopping distances not use your common sense kinda questions.

Top Bottom