1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBC Highway Code Test

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by bof, 3 Sep 2007.

1. bof

bof Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please

2. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

8/10 here (and ditto the dog)

3. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Me too. Got the distance you can park from a junction wrong. I loved some of the choices about what you should do if someone drives out in front of you - "use the horn to show your annoyance" :ohmy:

4. pzycoman

pzycoman New Member

10/10

But still, dont let me anywhere near a car. Last attempt at driving, my "paralell parking" was diagnoal, onto hte pavement, at 20mph.

5. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

10/10 piece of piss!!

I knew all those hours on C+ would pay off :-)

6. I got 9 out of 10 too; the one I got wrong was "how close should a parked car be to a junction" the correct answer scrolled up too fast what should it be?

10m, I answered 15m; all the other questions just seemed like common sense

7. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

7/10. Dog, distance from junction (over-estimated the correct distance) and something else.

8. simon_adams_uk

simon_adams_uk Über Member

10/10...

Not that I drive much these days anyway. Having passed my test 10 years ago I'm still in the enviable position where I've cycled further than I've driven (long may it continue!)

S

9. graham56

graham56 Veteran

10/10 looks as though i`m fit to use the roads

10. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

11. simon_adams_uk

simon_adams_uk Über Member

For info:

The question about the parking near a junction isn't technically correct. You can park as close to a junction as you like, so long as it's an officially marked bay. Sense prevails (usually!) such that bays are a reasonable distance from a junction.

S

12. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

7/10, been away too long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

9/10 - thank god.

I'm having refresher lessons at the moment because I passed my test as a teenager and haven't driven since. I thought I'd be OK to drive, we hired a car, and then my girlfriend caught me whispering 'OK, now, left to right, accelerator, brake, clutch, oh, no, maybe it's the other way around' and point-blank refused to be in the same car as me unless I got some lessons.

Seems like I still have a fair knowledge of the highway code, though!

14. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

9/10 - it was the junction question that did it (overestimated again). Quite easy, especially that first one about route planning.

15. Chris James

Chris James Über Member

10/10 but guessed the dog and educated guess on the distance from the junction (I thought it was less than 10 meters).

Mind you, at least I knew that there IS a minimum distance you have to keep a junction clear by. Looking at the parking of most people they seem totally unaware of this rule.