BBC ignoring certain sports...Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
On the BBC news sport section this morning, they ignored to report how Salford City Reds Rugby League side have got themselves into the grand final against St Helens next Saturday, it’s quite an upbeat tale as last year they finished 2nd from bottom, but this year have had a good season and finished in 3rd spot, not only that if they win, they will then go into the world club challenge to play Sydney Roosters, the most shameful thing about all this is the Beeb transmit from..... Salford!!! I know there was a previous thread about how they ignore certain sports but i’ll Be blowed if I can find it Edit just seen that Salfords Jackson Hastings has won 2019 Superleague man of steel award, Well done BBC

Last edited:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I heard, at about 6:30am, that Jackson Hastings had won - on BBC radio 5 !

Venod

Eh up
The beeb Rugby League reporting has always been a shambles, if its a slow news day for sport it might get a mention at the end of a bulletin, but more times than not its ignored on the national news.

D

Deleted member 26715

The beeb Rugby League reporting has always been a shambles, if its a slow news day for sport it might get a mention at the end of a bulletin, but more times than not its ignored on the national news.
It's because it's norven innit, they don't play it darn sarf

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I agree. The only mention it ever gets, is when the BBC themselves have televised it - I.E. the latter stages of the Challenge Cup.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It's because it's norven innit, they don't play it darn sarf
You forget that the BBC is based in Salford.

D

Deleted member 26715

You forget that the BBC is based in Salford.
Is it? I stand corrected then, although I suspect that lots of them moved North & took the huge expenses payout for doing so all at the license payers expense, oh how I wish I wasn't such a cynic

Milkfloat

An Peanut
On the BBC news sport section this morning, they ignored to report how Salford City Reds Rugby League side have got themselves into the grand final against St Helens next Saturday,

Perhaps if you looked on Friday when it happened, then you would have seen the two national stories. It is not surprising you don't see it on the headlines on Monday, it's old news. Although both stories are actually still there.

1570454050555.png

If you want to complain about bad coverage, you should try hockey. A massive participation sport with almost zero coverage.

Venod

Eh up
I wish they'd ignore more sport on the national news. I have no interest in sport.

I feel your pain, if you are not interested it is annoying, they are at it again with the Strickley obsession, its on the news, there are programmes on every day of the week related to it, they moved Pointless from its 17:15 slot to air this garbage, come on BBC one programme a week is enough and is it really worthy of a news spot ?

Top Bottom