BBC Radio 4 This Morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
Just take solace from the fact that Radio 4 audiences are declining, and only tofu eaters, stand up comedians and the professionally offended listen to their output these days.
I like BBC Radio 4, because it has a wide range of interesting programmes, you just need to pick what you like. Their morning Today news has some deliberately aggressive confrontational interviewers, so I rarely listen to it.

I recommend "More or Less" with Tim Harford.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000wz3z

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
his track tecord is no better than average.

That's true, as he once said all he does is check very carefully all proper procedures have been followed.

It's an unequal contest, Freeman with his 30+ years of learning about motoring law is routinely up against a Crown Prosecutor whose previous case was a shoplifting and whose next case is a common assault.

Thus he is often able to wipe the floor with the opposition, just as he could be wiped up by an experienced prosecutor if he tried to defend an assault case.

Strange to relate, he's just been on GB News where he gave a good explanation of the law relating to e-scooters.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Just take solace from the fact that Radio 4 audiences are declining, and only tofu eaters, stand up comedians andnthe professionally offended listen to their output these days.

I've long since stopped listening to it and the Today programme simply makes me angry. More or less the last straw for me was when Humphreys asked the politician "would you agree with <Humphreys' sound-bite>?". The politician replied along the lines of "well I suppose you could say that, but ..." and clarified his position. For the rest of the morning each news bulletin restated "The minister for such and such said ...." repeating Humphrey's own line as if it was an actual quotation. Quite apart from at least somewhat misrepresenting the guy's position, HE NEVER SAID IT. The other thing they'd do is ask a "gotcha" question where there isn't really a sensible answer, talk over the politician trying to make a point, be it valid or not, then have the brass neck to complain they're evasive. They'd ask about a new policy announcement the harrangue "so this is a U turn from the old policy", rather than actually ask sensible probing questions about the actual proposal. I don't suppose it's got any better.

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I like BBC Radio 4, because it has a wide range of interesting programmes, you just need to pick what you like. Their morning Today news has some deliberately aggressive confrontational interviewers, so I rarely listen to it.

I recommend "More or Less" with Tim Harford.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000wz3z

I'll agree there. The documentaries and science stuff is generally very good. The comedy a bit more variable, but the problem with that was when they changed to five 6:30 comedy shows a week, most of which were woeful, as there seemingly isn't enough talent to do more than one or two, like they has before the change"

Tribansman

Veteran
I'M SPARTACUS.
I ate
estilo-pulpo-tacos-de-pota-al-ajillo-spar-~2.jpg

Top Bottom