BBC Radio Scotland looking for helmetless cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grendel

Veteran
Disciussion planned for tomorrow on Morning call, they are looking for cyclists who ride without helmets. Phone 0500929500 today to take part.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
nice avatar :smile:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Disciussion planned for tomorrow on Morning call, they are looking for cyclists who ride without helmets. Phone 0500929500 today to take part.

I'm one of those but I don't think I'll bother. My experience of that show (and others like it) is that it seeks to inflame not inform.
GC

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Tried it before, they gloss over or ignore salient information and go for the cheap arguments every time. "Stands to reason", "Common sense" etc.

I might give it a listen but if my blood pressure goes up it's your fault!

GC

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I think GC's right... they'll just try to make the helmetless cyclist justify 'taking their life in their hands', 'risking death or serious injury on a daily basis' and ignoring statistics because surely 'common sense' blah blah blah.... and no doubt someone will say 'what about the children?!' "Do you really want to struggle to raise your family from a wheelchair?"

OP
OP
Grendel

Grendel

Veteran
Unfortunately if you don't reply it gives more airtime to the cretins who say that all cyclists are evil, don't pay road tax, etc.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Calling @HJ !

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I once hit a motorcycle who pulled out of a side road (sorry mate didn't see you) on me. I sumersaulted and landed on my neck still clipped in, luckily I had on a rucksac and that took some of the impact but if I had been wearing a helmet I could easily have broken my neck

Top Bottom