BBQ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I’m thinking of ditching my rusty old gas BBQ grill . Tempted on one of those ceramic Komodo jobs , however I watch James Martin quite a lot , and a quick google shows he uses a table top Japanese Konro grill ? Think it’s made from some sort of unicorn bones or something !!?? Anyway I’m thinking , I can maybe make my own with some thermolite blocks :whistle: .

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A local takeaway and restaurant use an old pressed steel grill with a hood and uses charcoal. Makes the best grilled chicken around.
A fancy Japanese grill won't make your food taste any better, it's all about the preparation and spices used.

Slick

Guru
A local takeaway and restaurant use an old pressed steel grill with a hood and uses charcoal. Makes the best grilled chicken around.
A fancy Japanese grill won't make your food taste any better, it's all about the preparation and spices used.

The best barbecue I can remember going to was somewhere in the middle for the North Sea on an oil platform. The welder cut a barrel in half and the camp boss made a cracking job for everyone. Can still remember the smell of the cooking on the helideck, although I'm not sure they would do it now.

Top Bottom