BC bike checks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamma

Über Member
Has anyone had there bike checled for the usual stuff as there's been a facebook post for my local races that from this saturday everyone has to get there bikes checked before racing. I understand about E/1/2 riders but for 4th cat seems abit out there.

screenman

Legendary Member
It seems the correct thing to do in my humble opinion. I have had bikes checked on more occasions than I can remember.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Presumably you mean a safety check, in which case why not? Would you really want to be racing around someone whose brakes are hardly working, wheel skewers are not secure and handlebars are not tight on the steerer?

Pre race bike checks have been in place since the year dot. More than a few riders have been turned away when a bit of thumb pressure rolled his tub off the rim.
If that's the worst that's found, it's a good day. The usual is Them : "it's okay mate, I set the bike up myself, it's all good, I know what I'm doing". Us : "okay we'll just do the checks, to be on the safe side". Then :ohmy::eek::blink::rofl:. Oh my good god:hello:

S-Express

Has anyone had there bike checled for the usual stuff as there's been a facebook post for my local races that from this saturday everyone has to get there bikes checked before racing. I understand about E/1/2 riders but for 4th cat seems abit out there.

There is no requirement for a compulsory bike check at BC sanctioned club events. There hasn't been for many years. As far as I remember, they were phased out for legal reasons.

The only mandatory bike checks these days are in youth and junior racing (but only in terms of gear rollout), and any other senior races which may involve juniors.

BC Technical reg 3.6.1 -Before the start, or after the conclusion of any competition or stage of competition, any equipment used by a rider (including, but not limited to cycles, wheels, gears, helmets and clothing) may be subject to inspection in order to ascertain compliance with these regulations

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I do said checks for BC. You would not believe some of the things I've turned up:laugh:

We carry out a full belts and braces M check, oh the horrors I've seen:eek::laugh:.

If that's the worst that's found, it's a good day. The usual is Them : "it's okay mate, I set the bike up myself, it's all good, I know what I'm doing". Us : "okay we'll just do the checks, to be on the safe side". Then :ohmy::eek::blink::rofl:. Oh my good god:hello:
Ok, we can take the hint - that's 3 times now ... :whistle:

Such as? :laugh:

Top Bottom