BC Membership / Racing Licence expiry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
My BC membership expires in August but racing licences run from Dec 31st-Dec 31st each year so I want to renew that. Anyone know how it works? do I have to renew both now?

Young Un

palinurus said:
My BC membership expires in August but racing licences run from Dec 31st-Dec 31st each year so I want to renew that. Anyone know how it works? do I have to renew both now?

I THINK you do, its a bit of a complicated system, bit off putting for beginners to be honest!

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
you need the BC membership to be able to get the licence, and you need valid bc membership for your race licence to be valid.

Not all complicated :sad:

Will1985

Über Member
It's only a hassle the first year - you may as well renew now and take the hit, but in future years you'll be renewing for the New Year.

I'm stuck at the moment as I don't know which region I'll be in nor which club/team to ride for.

Dave5N

Über Member
No. You can do your Licence now, and membership when it's due.

However, it's easiest to synchronise them. We have 4 memberships, each person with a different renewal date. I called the very helpful people in Manchester, paid a bit extra - pro rata rate - and got the renewal dates moved to 31st December each year.

Mind you January is expensive now, with tennis club, cycling club and BC memberships all hitting at once.

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Thanks for the advice- I've now synchronized the two, only cost me £12 to update my membership to run to the end of the year. Easy.

Top Bottom