Be careful out there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

I'm starting my thirty third winter of commute cycling. The only lamps 'off the shelf' back then were EverReady.
The rear lamps were pretty good considering, but a tad heavy using two D size batteries, but they lasted quite a while,,, two weeks.

The front lamps were abismal. If cyclists wanted to see where they were going, they lashed up a six volt lamp and used a Pba battery on a fly lead.

I now have a P7 Lenser LED lamp on the front and a Smart 3 LED rear just below a big reflector.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh, I had the EverReady lights, then upgraded to some Duracel ones (and put halogen bulbs in) - run time was 2 hours on 2 x D's so took a full charge cycle every day............

I was one of the early adopters of the MTB type lights back in the early 90's when BLT launched 6v halogen bulb powered lights - 3-5w front headlamp with a rear lamp as well - did me many years commuting down unlit country lanes, but certainly not a patch on what systems we have now.

potsy

Rambler
Finished at 2pm as normal today,quick errand on way home.2-15pm by now and I had to put my lights on!!
Horrible rain,then a pun*tu*e after 5 miles,found shelter under a tree,10 minutes later and good to go,by now it's after 3pm and the traffic was really starting to build up,cue lots of filtering ops
biggrin.gif

Home.bath,cup of tea and gear hanging up ready for another day of 'fun' tomorra
thumbsup.png

Didn't see any ninjas out tonight...

In fact only saw one other cyclist in my trip home and my subsequent shopping trip when i decided that I obviously wasn't quite wet enough

Top Bottom