Be One Mistral Race - newbie bike pic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeeV

Regular
Total newbie to this so thought i would say hi and post a picture of my ride, 2012 Dutch Be One Mistral Race with full Ultegra. Swapped tyres for Continental Gp 4000s 25mm which immediately made a more comfy ride. Swapped bar tape and saddle for Prologo. Thats it basically, pretty happy with it. I'm a largish middle aged chap and this does me fine. Maybe look at Italian carbon if I can lose 20kg this year! Does anyone else ride a Be One?
image.jpg

jack smith

Veteran
I'll be honest I've never heard of the brand but that's a nice bike! Any info on the brand?

OP
OP
MikeeV

MikeeV

Regular
Hi all, I believe the brand only lasted a few years before going under. Think the parent company was another Dutch bike manufacturer called Brativus or Gazelle. Have a Dutch friend with a friend who owns a BS and he rated the build quality and components. I know very little about bikes so gambled a little and Bought it online from Chain Reaction, next time I will probably go to LBS. The bike is alloy, as I didn't trust myself with carbon for a first bike. Its not very lightweight, 8.5kg, but light enough for me. I need to lose many kilos before I worry about losing a few 100 grams off the bike.
Regarding Ultegra, I have found them really smoothe and had no real issues. Might chane rear cassette up to 30t as some hills I can't spin on and need those few extra.

AndyRM

XOXO
BeOne started off as the mountain bike wing of Batavus, back in the late 90s. The companies split at some point, and BeOne went bust. I think Chain Reaction now own the naming rights but I could be wrong.

Here endeth the vague and crap history lesson. That's a nice looking bike!

Top Bottom