Beamish Museum, cycles, vehicles amd more (Continued Mar 25th )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scaleyback

Veteran
One of my long time hobbies is photography. Can I share some of my pictures with you ? These are all taken at Beamish, the Living Museum.
All my own work, I take great pains to make the photographs rendolent of the age, no visible visitors, modern day artifacts etc.
I also attempt to 'process' the pictures 'sympathic' to the era.
It's appropriate I start with some cycle pictures, don't have many unfortunately.
Share your thoughts with me, if you hate them, you can tell me , I'm a big boy now. ^_^

If you like these please return, I have many more I will add to this post.

i-CrJ8Txm-XL.jpg

i-KwBTMcF-XL.jpg

i-nZTvQJn-XL.jpg

i-5tSFFTm-XL.jpg

i-88KSMmP-XL.jpg

Fantastic! Keep 'em coming!

toffee

Guru
One of my long time hobbies is photography. Can I share some of my pictures with you ? These are all taken at Beamish, the Living Museum.
All my own work, I take great pains to make the photographs rendolent of the age, no visible visitors, modern day artifacts etc.
I also attempt to 'process' the pictures 'sympathic' to the era.
It's appropriate I start with some cycle pictures, don't have many unfortunately.
Share your thoughts with me, if you hate them, you can tell me , I'm a big boy now. ^_^

If you like these please return, I have many more I will add to this post.

View attachment 665656

View attachment 665657

View attachment 665658

View attachment 665659

Very good. I especially like the E & N Richie one, used to live in Hetton.

D

Deleted member 26715

Are most of the bikes still tucked away in the workshop/shop? They were last time I was there and it was hard to get a good look at them.
Never see many of the things they say are there, no bicycles, no cars, no horse drawn carts, maybe we're just unlucky, but that would be unlucky 5 times in 20 years, our thought is they are only there at the weekends when the big crowds are there, I don't like big crowds.

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
Never see many of the things they say are there, no bicycles, no cars, no horse drawn carts, maybe we're just unlucky, but that would be unlucky 5 times in 20 years, our thought is they are only there at the weekends when the big crowds are there, I don't like big crowds.

I have to agree, many of the items you will see in my photos (more to come) only appear on 'special occasions' or the odd weekend. The average days exhibits are a 'pale shadow'

AndyRM

XOXO
You've a cracking eye. The fades around the edges aren't my thing, but that's a very minor gripe.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I have to agree, many of the items you will see in my photos (more to come) only appear on 'special occasions' or the odd weekend. The average days exhibits are a 'pale shadow'

I expect they need more staff/volunteers to bring things out and have them moving about rather than tucked away.

In the past I've been there exhibiting as part of a classic car show. Obviously things like that only happen at weekends.

I think the luckiest people are those who live local (some of my aunts, uncles & cousins) who can pop in on a regular basis. It's such a big site to try to take it all in in a single go. And of course there can be queues for the most popular/interesting bits.

Top Bottom