Beards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I didn’t want to start another beard thread but I have a question. A few people have told me that when men suffer from mental health issues they are more inclined to grow a beard. They have no papers to back it up. I thought what a load of old poppycock! Then I wondered, what if there is something in it. Any thoughts?

Gwylan

Veteran
I didn’t want to start another beard thread but I have a question. A few people have told me that when men suffer from mental health issues they are more inclined to grow a beard. They have no papers to back it up. I thought what a load of old poppycock! Then I wondered, what if there is something in it. Any thoughts?

Yes.

Slick

Guru

I grow a beard every winter, I don't think there's anything up with my mental health but I guess they all say that.

Thinking of a couple of other guys though, you may have a point.

FrothNinja

Veteran

Complete and utter bull crud - whoever posited that theory is a mental midget & you are sane to ignore them. Mental health issues effect different people in different ways, and unsubstantiated 'theories' like the nonsense people have been telling you only contribute to public misconceptions.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
WTF is this cobblers doing in Procycling? Geoffrey Soupe Fan Club?

Well, the original post 7 years ago by @smutchin (who hasn't been around for a while. Shame, I did an Audax he organised. IIRC he had a beard, but that's by the by) was about pro cycling, and had a link to a page - that no longer exists - with a picture of Marcel Kittel with a photoshopped beard.

Hope that's cleared everything up.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well, the original post 7 years ago by @smutchin (who hasn't been around for a while. Shame, I did an Audax he organised. IIRC he had a beard, but that's by the by) was about pro cycling, and had a link to a page - that no longer exists - with a picture of Marcel Kittel with a photoshopped beard.

Hope that's cleared everything up.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.
Smutchin was an intelligent chap. He'd even written a book about beer IIRC!

Gwylan

Veteran
Complete and utter bull crud - whoever posited that theory is a mental midget & you are sane to ignore them. Mental health issues effect different people in different ways, and unsubstantiated 'theories' like the nonsense people have been telling you only contribute to public misconceptions.

Nursey late with your happy pills then?

lazybloke

Considering a new username

Mental health issues didn't make me want to grow a beard, but did stop me bothering to shave.

Gwylan

Veteran
I do not know what I have done with the time I theoretically saved through not shaving.

Obvious really. I cycle slower because of my beard. So that's where any saving went

Top Bottom