Beautiful autumn cycling weather!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah I know why :thumbsup: but the black and white leads the eye better . Not a fan of HDR or what ever its called but I like squirrels :smile:

Snow , not the best shot but a cracker when you know the two people that have stolen their kids toy :laugh:

4262229619_d87a36b89b_z.jpg
It's well caught, giving it motion, a space in which the sledge will go.

Diggs

Veteran
I took a very similar picture today (content) on my phone and was about to post it.....................seeing how this conversation has progresed aand having had a good look at it (quality control), I don't think I will now

@Cuchilo the reason the b&w does is the bike is not so distracting in that one. If your referring to the Hillman, the H.D.R. is jusr one part the main part that you can see is a plug-in called fractlius it works best with flower and images with high contrast, but can also be used in subtle ways.
H.D.R. is a little misunderstood, what most people don't like (this is just a generalization) is the type of image that tends to be created, true h.d.r ( which by the way has been around in one form or another since about 1860) is just a way to retain highlight and shadow detail. Dodging and burning in b&w is the same thing to some degree.

I took a very similar picture today (content) on my phone and was about to post it.....................seeing how this conversation has progresed aand having had a good look at it (quality control), I don't think I will now
Post it. Just stick anyone who manipulates or comments on the composition, on ignore, simples.

Just post it means something to you which is important. I wont say another thing.

Attachments

• Hl-1-30.jpg
    Hl-1-30.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 19

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Post it . I take pics on my iphone all the time . For me photography is about catching the moment and nothing else .

Post it . I take pics on my iphone all the time . For me photography is about catching the moment and nothing else .
I agree, however the image that you end up with is sometimes not as you visualised it at the time. So sometimes you need to do some p.p. work, photography is like cycling, it means many things to many people, even the most basic camera can catch a stunning image, as Burt Hardy proved for Pictue Post magazine with a Box Brownie in 1951, as I am not sure about copyright on this i will just post a link.
http://www.gettyimagesgallery.com/picture-library/image.aspx?id=5025

Attachments

• Hl-1-31.jpg
    Hl-1-31.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 16

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I like getting it right straight from the camera myself but then I do it for fun and don't find messing with the image after "fun" .
I would post a few more snaps but I think it may annoy others or put them off posting the pics they took today so I wont . Not that mine are anything to write home about anyway :blush:

Sara_H

Guru
I am going to attempt a shuffle to the cyclists cafe Polocini later this week whilst the missus is at work. Might need a taxi back.
Good man :smile:

Top Bottom