Beautiful bikes under a grand..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Google beautiful bikes under a grand and you get a list of "best" bikes under a grand...but if we set aside the shimano-veloce-carbo-italio-titanium stuff for a second and go on looks alone...

What's out there?

I submit this non production idea:
http://m.fastcompany.com/3037472/wanted/can-a-bike-be-both-cheap-and-beautiful#
poster.jpg

Tim Hall

You seem to have missspelt "ugly as sin bikes under a grand". HTH.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
txdjcf73wd6hxzeutfoc.jpg

$400 so about a tenner in real money, but with tax probably £500(!)

Attachments

• txdjcf73wd6hxzeutfoc.jpg
    txdjcf73wd6hxzeutfoc.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 54
Google beautiful bikes under a grand and you get a list of "best" bikes under a grand...but if we set aside the shimano-veloce-carbo-italio-titanium stuff for a second and go on looks alone...

What's out there?

I submit this non production idea:
http://m.fastcompany.com/3037472/wanted/can-a-bike-be-both-cheap-and-beautiful#
poster.jpg

IMHO

As an engineerly by trade I can't help question the use of a single sided fork, although I suppose it's no longer a fork.

Conventional forks can almost be made from a couple of drinking straws, but the moment you reduce this by half
you must increase the strength, and therefore weight, several times over. I just can't see any gain.

Paul G

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
IMHO

As an engineerly by trade I can't help question the use of a single sided fork, although I suppose it's no longer a fork.

Conventional forks can almost be made from a couple of drinking straws, but the moment you reduce this by half
you must increase the strength, and therefore weight, several times over. I just can't see any gain.

Paul G

Agreed! The forces applied to the axle in a cantilever set-up like that must be horrendous. I always hated those Cannondale Lefty forks as well, I just can't see the benefit. Definitely form over function.

U

User42423

Bikes for under a £1000 pounds. Gosh, where does one start!.
Itera 1.jpg My Itera plastic cycle. Bought from a cycling friend recently for £25.00. I still think he ripped me off!!.

85 Bickerton.jpg My 1980s Bickerton alloy folder. Possibly the worst cycle I've owned (never ridden). But I can't complain for a fiver.

1965 Moulton.jpg My 1965 Mk1 Moulton De-luxe. Considering how much these things fetch on "fleabay", I think I got a good deal at £10.

1926 Sun.JPG My all time favourite machine. A 1926 Sun "All Weather" roadster. A steal at £300

Reactions: apb
Top Bottom