Beautiful early 1970s (1971?)Dawes Galaxy bikes for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Here we have a very good looking early 1970s, possibly 1970 Dawes Galaxy touring bike which is in great condition for it’s age (although there is surface rust as you can see in the photos and would expect from a 40 year old bike).

Seat tube centre to centre = 58cm

Top tube centre to centre = 58cm

The parts are in working order and as far as I can tell are all original apart from the bar tape and the tyres (I can provide the original tyres which came with this bike although they are shot).

The gearing is Simplex with Weinmann centre pull brakes and levers. The front derailleur is rather snazzy and uses a piston type arrangement to shift gear. The wheels are 27 1/4 and are in great condition.

I had to remove on decal as it was completely scratched up – the decal in question is the same as the gold on the seat tube and could be found nearer the top of the seat tube.

Before riding you should check the brake adjustment and gearing adjustment as with any second hand purchase.

The rolls saddle pictured is not for sale, I shall throw in the saddle which came with this bike which was a brooks – however it is not a leather brooks, rather a lower tier version which also has a slight rip as seen in the photos.

I am located near to Fareham, which is about 10 miles from Portsmouth. Viewing is more than welcome and advised. I can post this bike but really would prefer not to and would have to add on the postage and packaging costs. More photos and information can be supplied.

I am asking for £200 for this good looker and I will consider all offers – so don’t be afraid to make them even if they are shy of the £200 as this bike really needs to go! (I am off to Uni at the start of October and so 1. Need the beer money and 2. not got room at uni for this bike!)
Album of all the photos:

http://s734.photobucket.com/albums/ww343/ipokecows/1970s Dawes Galaxy/

dawesgalaxyFS021.jpg

I will also put this up on the retrobike forums

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The frame is a beautiful Green Montage, too small for me though I think.

Top Bottom