1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beautiful morning

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Jacomus-rides-Gen, 21 Oct 2007.

1. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

Coming home from my gf's place, just before 0900. The sun was shining, a crisp bite hung in the air and the only other traffic I saw was another cyclist.

Perfect.

2. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Garfield5.jpg

3. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

Fabulous morning here. Quite foggy around 7.30am, giving way to bright blue sky and sunshine. Cold-ish (6C at 9.00am) but no wind to make it feel raw.

Gorgeous! :rolleyes:

4. John Ponting

John Ponting Über Member

Why would anybody leave a warm bed and girl to leap on a bike?

5. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

To get back to the wife...

6. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Because that most cruel mistress, revision, was calling me.

7. ChrisW

ChrisW Senior Member

Went out for Club run round the Surrey Hills this a.m., leaving wife and kids at home (understandable?).

Frozen knackers after 30 mins.....absolutley stunning once up on the hills:biggrin::biggrin:

Can't beat it..

8. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Just back for a quick 21 mile spin in 1 hour 5 mins - nipped out yesterday and did the same loop in the same time......

Just love the low sun as it reflects of the shiny bits on the bike.....

9. Jacomus-rides-Gen

I love the Surrey Hills, lovely riding ground. Though they can get pretty hair raising in the wet.

n500321904_230530_449.jpg
    One of the many lovely lanes.

n500321904_230529_9.jpg
    A picture of Gen posing by one of the Surrey Hills markers.

10. ChrisW

ChrisW Senior Member

Ah yes, i know that marker, just near East Horsley before you go up that bugger of a hill called Cranbrook.

Do you ever go out with the Kingston Wheelers? Every Sun out to the hills.

And glad to see you are doing your revision and not being distracted by posting on CC :rolleyes:

11. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Managed a quick 40 mins (had to run some errands, and expanded the route somewhat). Lovely day - even banter[1] from local chavs on £100 full sussers couldn't spoil it.

[1] Pointed out to one that his brakes could use looking at after seeing him struggling to stop at the ped crossing I was stood at. Evidently there was no need for any advice from me in this matter.

12. Jacomus-rides-Gen

I am on occasion out with the Wheelers, though Charlotteville is my local club.

Yeah... revision. I've got to drag my sorry @ss off to uni I think, otherwise I will be mooching around here all day and further reducing my productivity!

13. gambatte

gambatte Middle of the pack...

Got the morning off
    Mtb in the back of the car 8am heading out into the peaks. Only problem was I stopped for fuel a mile away from home. Car refused to start.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

bloody hell your camera's good - i'm presuming you didn't photoshop those sunbeams on? :rolleyes:

15. ChrisW

ChrisW Senior Member

Bonj, never mind "Bloody hell your camera's good"..

What about "Bloody hell, you're off to Uni!", that makes Jacomus less than half my age... *Nashing of teeth and much jealousy*