Becoming a middle aged student

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
be warned. Young people are rubbish. Hanging out with them will rot your brain. Don't give up the 'day job' as in your present associations and friendships. Treat the young people with disdain, but disguise it as kindness - they're so full of themselves they won't know the difference.

And, in case you're wondering, I started my degree at 34 and came out of university with a PG (Dip) at the age of 40. So I know what I'm on about.

screenman

Legendary Member
I thought there were ways now that you did not have to pay them back, Dayvo I think may qualify for this.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Is it the theoretical knowledge you want, or the qualification? TBH I wouldn't have thought that as a very late entrant into that market (who already has a BTec) you would be any more employable with a degree than without one...

since i did my Btec in Art & Design, they've invented computers on which much of the work is now done... plus, the Btec course was crap... run by failed artists with their heads up their arses, hoping to discover the next Damien Hurst and ignoring or belittling any student that didn't fit their narrow view of what art should be. so yes, up to date knowledge is essential :thumbsup:

I'm guessing it's Lancaster-based? ....

probably UCLAN at Preston for product design, or maybe Burnley college for furniture design (HND/C), but Burnley's a bigger PITA to get to, and I need to look further into what funding is available for a HND course.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
.....actually I've known some pongy academics as well

Not met me then :hello: - I don't 'pong'. But then I teach marketing.

I need to look further into what funding is available for a HND course.
You should be eligible for up to 4 years of funding as long as it's at a higher educational level than previously. So, in theory you could do a HND and then top-up to a degree, giving you 2 qualifications.

Top Bottom