Becoming more sociable !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I ended up cycling behind the same guy on the way home tonight, but he was going an awful lot slower that he was this morning. I was in a hurry to get home before the heavens opened and my lovely clean bike got dirty, so I'm afraid I didn't stop to chat with him - I just swooped by at the first opportunity and sadly he didn't try and keep up.

I'll make up for it tomorrow by saying hello if I see him again, as I did feel a bit guilty for saying nothing. :angry: I really should try to be more sociable whilst the sun is shining, because I never see too many other cyclists around on my route through autumn, winter and spring !

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Sociable?? Goo are sure your feeling ok??? :angry:

Maz

Guru
Catrike UK said:
It works odd around here, the roadies generally say hello...
I agree. That is odd. The ones I meet n greet just give me a disparaging look or blank me out completely. I'm sure they're not all like that, though.

sticky sherbert

Seems to me if I go out on my bike everyone ignores me, if however I go for a run (its a rare thing) half the kids in the village follow me on bikes, Little sods!

Young Un

i rode past 2 guys on mtb this eveing, first one i shot past and so didnt have time to talk to him, the second however i passed and said 'isn't it nice cycling into a headwind' sarcasticly but unfortunately i didnt think he heard my implied sarcasm, but instead as soon as i rode past him he decided to speed up and draft me, and when i slowed hoping he would take the lead for a while he justed slowed down to w8 for his m8, cheeky bugger:angry:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Thats where you went wrong. Read the commuter racing rules. What you needed to do was keep the power on and keep going till they drop.
I've often cycled along talking to someone else on a bike having a nice chat. But not done it for a while now. If i see someone from the club i know or someone wants to chat to me i will talk to them, or if i spark up a chat with them.
Always smile and wave, if i dont get a wave back i often feel like sticking a fingure up at them but resist.
Talking with car drivers doesnt happen often, has happened with a few nice attractive young females though:tongue:

i find most cyclists can be a little ignorant, ive given up on speaking to lots af them, but maybe they gave up too, and thats why?- and most of them are on MTB's. I was a little surprised when i passed some roadies (full lycra and such, on drops, where as me in combats/ on hybrid) going out for a ride, about 7 of them, caught a strange little glance from the front one, put me hand up and said "allright" as i went past them, and they more ore less all nodded and smiled- surprising, and nice not to be snubbed..- i was going the other way, not going faster than them, by the way..

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Saw the same guy in the distance this morning along Broomhouse so I set off after him, only to see him jump three consecutive red lights.

That's settled that then - I'll not be speaking to HIM again :evil:

Notsoblue

I've been riding through Richmond Park fairly regularly lately and most of the roadies doing their evening circuit are a pretty happy bunch. Always get a smile and a nod.

Top Bottom