Bee in my bonnet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well wasp in my helmet actually
On tonights ride I felt the usual strike of the helmet of some kind of insect and I have always been paranoid about it being a bee or wasp but never had any problem, but tonight I could hear something buzzing in my helmet and I panicked stopped mid sprint threw my bike to the ground and took my helmet off but not before the bugger had stung me in the head :biggrin:
Fortunately, no sense - no feeling :ohmy: it wasn't too painfull but I still feel like I have been hit in the head.
This has to be the only reason not to wear an helmet, although the last helmet I owned had a mesh on the front to stop this, the new one doesn't

Oh thanks to the guy in the specialized jersey who was following for stopping - NOT :blush: to see if I was alright, I must have looked sight stopping mid sprint and having a fit
I know I would have stopped to see if there was anything I oculd have done

OP
OP
lifeson

lifeson

Don't know why I posted this in Know how though
Was going to ask what you would do but the mesh vent on the helmet is the answer and carry some antihistamine

barq

I carry a Piriton pill with me. I've never reacted especially badly to stings but who knows there is always a first time.

I think having a short hair cut (less for wasps to get caught in) and not panicing but simply removing the helmet as fast as possible is probably the best course of action.

longers

Legendary Member
Sorry to be a bit negative but if they don't go into your helmet, they'll go down your neck or into your mouth.

I'm very twitchy about them after getting stung on the lip a bit back.

An XL balaclava would probably be the "best" solution (winter riding) or a pair of ladies tights (summer).

OP
OP
lifeson

lifeson

barq said:
I carry a Piriton pill with me. I've never reacted especially badly to stings but who knows there is always a first time.

I think having a short hair cut (less for wasps to get caught in) and not panicing but simply removing the helmet as fast as possible is probably the best course of action.

Trust me it cant get much shorter :blush:
24 hours later and I can still feel it

Top Bottom