Been got by the kcal small print!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mozzarella is very calorific, that's why it tastes yummy! Try cottage cheese or quark instead.

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheese bad, cottage cheese nasty, stick to wafer thin ham or turkey (unless vegetarian of course), plus salad stuff

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Cottage cheese on Lidl's Sesame ryvita things, with salt'n'pepper and some fresh parsley/coriander - YUM :hungry: !

Oh ... that reminds me ....
smiley-eatdrink015.gif

No idea of the kcal, though :blush:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Ryvita, wafer thin ham and some branston is probably okay on calories and tastes nice.

I quite like a ryvita with a thin spread of marmite then cottage cheese, youd have to be into marmite and clashing flavours but I love it!

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
After being a staunch hater of Marmite my mum told me that I loved it when I was a wee one!

I looked up Sainsburys' wafer thin ham and it's just 20 kcal per slice, brilliant!

benb

Evidence based cyclist
But I cycle specifically so I can stuff my face with cheese. Especially Cheshire, it's the yummiest.
This probably explains why I'm not losing weight - but at least it's stable!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I just looked up cottage cheese and I'm hoping to pitch my lunches even lower in kcal than that.

I've not heard of quark though, and I love trying new foods so I shall investigate further.
Andrew, quark is a german fromage fraise kind of soft cheese, very low in fat, smooth texture. You will find it in most supermarkets, it's quite cheap. You need to spice it up with seasoning. One of my favorite "staple" dishes (I'm half german, he, he!) is boiled potatoes and quark, chopped row onions, salt and black pepper :hungry:

Top Bottom