Been threatened :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Joe24, since you've had such a bad experience I'd like to invite you to join my new, very exclusive cycling club. Register at www.cyclists.packingheat.com and we'll send you the gun of your choice. I recommend the tried and trusted double-barrelled sawn-off shot-gun for dealing with 4X4s, one cap in the tank and a spare to put the bastard out of his misery when he crawls screaming out of the flaming wreckage.

yenrod

Joe24 said:
After a nice club ride to my favourite cafe today. On the way home i come up a big hill, which flatens off slightly and has some traffic lights at the top on the flat. I had a guy in a 4X4 up behind me close so i did my normal thing and turn around and look. The next set of traffic lights he has his window down and is shouting abuse at me. I pull up alongside and he is still shouting abuse. Threateing to knock my head off and calling me everything he can think of. I said there was no need for it. Its a two lane road and he wanted to turn right and there is a seperate section for it. So he moves in there, and as i go past he floors it, and cuts me up. I brake, swerve, look back and shoots down another road. Hes now pulled in and is waiting for me. He wasnt a big guy and i could of probably had him but i didnt want to find out. So i rode off and he then turns around. I can here him shouting still about what he is going to do so i speed off and go between cars. He nearly hits another car trying to get to me and i shoot back into Landgale Light Weights ad stand in there for a while.
Feeling two things at the moment, shook up and very peeved. I sort of want to go back out and go for a fast hard ride but dont want to meet him again. Wont be going out at same time again tomorrow and can hope someone in the club will be out that i could go along with. Its not really effected me much, but its just in case this guy is proper crazy and might be one of these people that will be looking out for me. I would stand out because i was in club kit.(but only abit;))
I found out that the reason i didnt get a time for the GNBR was because the tag wasnt within 1 foot from the floor. Stupid system:angry: It was on ym seat post, and someone in charge even helped me to put it on and cut the ends of the cable ties off. Lots of people did this, and some people even had it in their jersey pockets so also didnt get a time. Never said it had to be within 1 Bit of a bad mood now, making me angry thinking about this guy. Maybe it would be a good thing if i saw him again:evil:
:biggrin::smile:!

Feel for you Joe mate: and as much as the bravado, if you had any, can kick in there after, when your in it and being chased or such like is NOT FUNNY and ive feared for my life before now - there isnt a serious cyclist around who hasnt had grief to some lesser or major degree.

Dont feel scared Joe - obviously there are millions of drivers in your area and the chance of you seeing the jerk isnt much mate !

If he's got any sense and he should have lots if he can drive then he would have realised his actions and now be seriously regretting it.

A long time back I was talking to a cyclist on a group ride and he was telling me of the time he got chased by a skip driver and they (the skip trucks) are not small !

Compared to when i started riding Joe I look behind me a lot more instead of leaving it to chance.

All the best Joe - stay safe out there !!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Thanks Yenners and everyone else!:biggrin:
I did hope that when he got home or wherever he was going he saw that he was stupid and felt sorry and didnt just do something else stupid and go back into his car. Alot of people would of heard what he was saying and saw it, he wasnt quiet and it was busy.
Gonne keep a check behind me more tomorrow, especially in that area. I suppose i was lucky that i had the speed to be able to power off faster and switch directions and keep a good speed up.
Was crazy at the time, all i wanted to do was get out of there. I didnt want to be injured by him or the car, or end up hitting him and being done for it.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
longers said:

Not bold, wont stick down;) Maybe you could give it ago Longers, i've heard your thinning hair wise;)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
And what I failed to add was, bad luck Joe.:smile:

Report the git and think nothing of it.
Stress head motons like this are simply a danger to everyone, luck dictates you're gonna meet one every once in a while.

If someone has left their car to continue an argument, my tip is to wield a nice heavy D-Lock and stand your ground.
This usually makes them think twice.:biggrin:

LLB

mickle said:
Joe24, since you've had such a bad experience I'd like to invite you to join my new, very exclusive cycling club. Register at www.cyclists.packingheat.com and we'll send you the gun of your choice. I recommend the tried and trusted double-barrelled sawn-off shot-gun for dealing with 4X4s, one cap in the tank and a spare to put the bastard out of his misery when he crawls screaming out of the flaming wreckage.

I saw an incident which made my blood boil less than an hour ago. I was on signal controlled roundabout west of Cheltenham coming towards town (By PC world) in the car (had my family with me), and in the middle of 3 lanes taking the 3rd exit, Young driver (no older than 17 as my kid recognised him as being a couple of years above her in school) in a brand new Fiat Punto comes up on the inside of me on the roundabout and waits for the lights to change. Driver in front of me indicates to move in as the lanes on our exit merge (Princess Elizabeth Way for those who know) She does everything properly and the young scrote in the punto starts to tailgate her. We drive on for about 200 yards and he begins to swerve around from left to right behind her. Then he got what looked like a tennis ball filled with some sort of liquid off his mate in the passenger seat and threw it at her car (which he hit). As he did this, his car swerved violently to the left as he was passing a junction, and he had no choice but to take it narrowly missing a car waiting to pull out of it. I followed him in there as I was going that way, and as he turned right off this side road, I gave him a toot on the horn and let him know what I thought of him :smile:.

A 17 year old driver carrying and throwing missiles at other cars who dare to be on 'his road' in front of him :biggrin:

It took a 4x4 driver to point out his dick head behaviour to him as he attacked an equally small fiesta. It is everywhere and happening in all types of cars Mickle. Lets hope that natural selection gets him off the road before he does some real damage eh !

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Uncle Mort said:
Joe, don't worry about the dickhead in the 4x4, he's just a fool and a bully and he's not worth even bothering about.

The real bummer here, and what you should really be narked about is not getting your time for the GNBR - how annoying is that :biggrin:

I entirely agree with what Uncle Mort has said. I often read these threads and by the time I think of the appropriate thing that I would like to say, someone has said it so much better that I could.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Joe24 said:
Maybe you could give it ago Longers, i've heard your thinning hair wise;)

Nope he's not - it's short - and he wasn't wearing a skid lid..... ;)

As the penguin's in "Madagascar" say..... "Smile and Wave boys.... Smile and Wave"..............

Works a treat....... Longers and I did this to some arse going up the Snake last weekend... beeped us - 9.30am no traffic, no reason to beep..... we wound him up proper - smiled and waved - we think he gave us the banker sign...hah hah..... We did have some twit beep us on the Fairholmes road before it becomes unrestricted... WTF - two proper roadies, doubled up, quiet road, full of 'weekend cyclists'....fark off we thought !

Also had the opposite, busy on the return trip, we single filed, the guy overtakes then flashes his lights...... ;)

Sorry to read about what happened Joe, glad you're ok albeit a bit shaken. Pop around to see plod and tell them about what happened. They might be sympathetic but unless you've got a number and willing to make an official complaint they'll not do anything I'm afraid as I've learnt quite recently.

Top Bottom