Been threatened :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
After a nice club ride to my favourite cafe today. On the way home i come up a big hill, which flatens off slightly and has some traffic lights at the top on the flat. I had a guy in a 4X4 up behind me close so i did my normal thing and turn around and look. The next set of traffic lights he has his window down and is shouting abuse at me. I pull up alongside and he is still shouting abuse. Threateing to knock my head off and calling me everything he can think of. I said there was no need for it. Its a two lane road and he wanted to turn right and there is a seperate section for it. So he moves in there, and as i go past he floors it, and cuts me up. I brake, swerve, look back and shoots down another road. Hes now pulled in and is waiting for me. He wasnt a big guy and i could of probably had him but i didnt want to find out. So i rode off and he then turns around. I can here him shouting still about what he is going to do so i speed off and go between cars. He nearly hits another car trying to get to me and i shoot back into Landgale Light Weights ad stand in there for a while.
Feeling two things at the moment, shook up and very peeved. I sort of want to go back out and go for a fast hard ride but dont want to meet him again. Wont be going out at same time again tomorrow and can hope someone in the club will be out that i could go along with. Its not really effected me much, but its just in case this guy is proper crazy and might be one of these people that will be looking out for me. I would stand out because i was in club kit.(but only abit;))
I found out that the reason i didnt get a time for the GNBR was because the tag wasnt within 1 foot from the floor. Stupid system:angry: It was on ym seat post, and someone in charge even helped me to put it on and cut the ends of the cable ties off. Lots of people did this, and some people even had it in their jersey pockets so also didnt get a time. Never said it had to be within 1 Bit of a bad mood now, making me angry thinking about this guy. Maybe it would be a good thing if i saw him again:evil:
;):biggrin:!

ChrisKH

Guru
If you got his reg. report him. having had a run-in with a 4 x 4 owner recently I sympathise and I'm a lot bigger, uglier and older than you and it still shook me up.

stephenb

Guru
virtual tea & bikkies mate, it's a really horrible feeling to realise there's people who'd like to do you serious harm for no good reason at all. I got seriously rattled by a couple of goons earlier in the year (I'm a 9 stone skinny weakling BTW). Agree with ChrisKH but don't expect to get too far (but you might be pleasantly surprised). How you deal with how you're feeling is purely personal, just be careful the adrenalin doesn't get the better of good judgment if you decide to go out and have a thrash.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You should have got his number then called the Police - here in Lancs they will log these incidents on the PNC then stop him for a chat and a producer next time a car with ANPR spots him.

LLB

You have to call it in. The guy sounds like a total fruitcake. Did you manage to get his reg ?

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Not sure i have much strenth left in my legs. Ended up doing a huge section on the front at a good speed and doing a fast speed back into the wind on the way home.
No, didnt get a number plate. When i pulled up along side him, i didnt think to look and when he cut me up and was shouting threats i was just looking for gaps in the traffic to shift out the way.
I'm 9 and half stone normally, but from the long ride on sunday i'm still putting the weight i lost back on, so look abit skinnier.
Its a very strange feeling thinking there was someone i dont know wanting to do some harm to me.
The only time i have for the GNBR is 4:53 but it included stopping. Its hard to work out where i would be placed aswell, which is really really annoying. I would of done decently aswell.;)

Is it possible that there was any CCTV nearby that might have caught some of this. This sounds like very serious road rage and really should get reported.

Take time and chill out Joe!

LLB

I had a 'moment' a couple of years ago where I was riding home and a car full of chavs came past in what looked like their mums car, and one of them poured a bottle of flavoured water over me. I was absolutely livid. I wasn't that far from home and I jumped in my own 4x4 and went looking for them ;)

Kind of glad I didn't catch up with them cos the red mist was well and truely upon me :biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Worth reporting if you get the reg next time. I got threatened by a packed corsa with beer bottles thrown at me in north notts. They stopped up the road and were urinating and started shouting for a second time and threatening to kick my head in and started chasing after me. As they surged past a second time they reached out but missed. They drove off messing around making large amounts of noise. What should happen 2 minutes up the road but I came upon a police officer parked up at the end of his dinner. He seemed highly interested in my tale and set off at once, perhaps genuinely concerned or savvy enough for the tip off and small chance of nailing a DUI and several other offences in one go. I get the general impression from people I know in Nottinghamshire that Notts Police are highly interested in motoring offences. Shame about the GNBR.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Bigtallfatbloke said:
The blokes a coward simple as that...oh yeah and a ****inlosermother****insonofabithwankertosspotshitforbrainsfartfacedfaggot.

That would be a mouth full :eek:
I dont think it would have helped to have said that. Feel better now. Finding it funny that the guy was near jumping around in his seat in rage. :biggrin: That would of probably made his head pop :smile: Saying, "theres no need for that" after him calling me, using the 'c' word alot, which i dont really like being called and many other words made him get even more annoyed. And when he told me to eff off and i said " i cant, its a red light" made him bounce around more. Ok, thinking about it, it didnt help. But really it is sort of funny i think. :laugh:
Relaxed now, i've put some more stuff on the frame and relaxed. Seat post wont go in though. Its the right side but it just wont go in that far. I think that maybe the frame has come in abit. The hub should be in tomorrow and the wheel can start to be built up. :biggrin:
Chilled out now:becool:

Joe24 said:
And when he told me to eff off and i said " i cant, its a red light"

Excellent! :smile:

To wind him up further, you could have said, 'You mean, fukk off, PLEASE!' or along the lines of 'The Life of Brian', if he tells you to fukk off, ask him where he would like you to fukk off to! :biggrin:

Good luck, but be careful.

Top Bottom