beetroot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

It seems to have disappeared and gone largely unsung for many years, but now looks to be creeping back in.

I'm not saying the beetroot industry is inherently devious, but I did find a beetroot section attached to a tub of coleslaw from sainsburys the other day, like a parasite.

I'm borscht stiff with all this :evil:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
In the winter mrs rich p does a tray of roasted root vegetables including beetroot. Ah, how I miss those cold days, warm fires and Sunday roasts.:evil:

domtyler

Über Member
My wife did some home made crisps the other day, fantastic!!

Potato, Beetroot, Parsnip and Carrot.

Highly recommended.

Also if you want to do a display of multi coloured poo you can get the purple ones out by simply eating a whole jar of pickled beetroot.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
roast beetroot is ace! as is the pickled stuff! I'm trying to grow some in my garden, but the slugs are winning ;)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Aperitif said:
oo! Do you 'water' them with vinegar then Fnaar?
only if i'm pickled myself! ;)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Good Ol Beetroot. I grows it every year in me garding. Can't beat some freshly grown/picked and boiled beetroot. And if I gets too much to gobble up that way I makes Borscht and freezes it - absolutely Yummy :smile: :smile: :smile: :biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
I'm also a beetroot fan and like it with salad, in sandwiches or with hot meals. Come to think about it I've not had any for quite a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom