Being a dad..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Sons on a Scout outing tonight, I'm at home fixing his bike..

Wouldn't have it any other way :smile:.

20180511_194447.jpg

Mrs M

Guru
Sons on a Scout outing tonight, I'm at home fixing his bike..

Wouldn't have it any other way :smile:.

View attachment 408696
Lucky boy :smile:

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
That'll please his mum: doing it in the kitchen.

I tiled the walls and floor and fitted the kitchen so I get some leeway ;).

There is a bike stand in the shed, too much effort to dig it out tonight though.

To be fair we normally fix it together but he'll be out with his mates tomorrow and I'm at work all day so at least he can use it.

Two of my bikes hang from the wall in the living room.

Occasionally, when the misses is out, I wash the bikes in the shower (if they're particularly dirty) and she's none the wiser. :giggle:

I also have my work stand in the shed and for the same reason as you don't use it too often. Otherwise I'll wash/tinker with it whilst it's leaning against a wall (outside, of course).

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
My daughter won't ride a bike (she's 17). since she ran into my legs when I was trying to teach her about 6 years ago
She fell off onto gravel, skinned both palms & knees

It's odd in a way, as now she'll run
Her boyfriend rides MTB, & raced (still races?) CX, toured with his dad

My daughter's 6 and has shown little interest in cycling despiye my best efforts, she's as stubborn as her mother though so I'll just bide my time.

Bought a tow bar cycle rack so I can take them all out somewhere quiet and get her confidence up hopefully!.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Two of my bikes hang from the wall in the living room.

Occasionally, when the misses is out, I wash the bikes in the shower (if they're particularly dirty) and she's none the wiser. :giggle:

I also have my work stand in the shed and for the same reason as you don't use it too often. Otherwise I'll wash/tinker with it whilst it's leaning against a wall (outside, of course).

Good work!, I knew someone who used to wash motorcycle crankcases in the dishwasher while his wife was out.

Two of my bikes hang from the wall in the living room
One of mine is in a spare-bedroom, the only it's moved in the past 4 years is to dust/vacuum (I ought to sell it)
Two more, are in one of the basement rooms (so they have their own central heating radiator, & share room with wifes treadmill!

Could be worse....................

Dr Hutch. 12.jpg

Top Bottom