Being athletic and low alcohol intolerance...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bluebell72

Peer pressure is the reason for your predicament. If you don't like alcohol or want to drink it then don't. Simples.

Your body is now healthier and eschews alcohol. It can't deal with it which is a good thing. You should listen to it rather than trying to poison yourself.

If you hardly see these people what do you or they care about each others' drinking habits? The friendships can't add up to much if you can't be yourself. Be more assertive and say no alcohol for me. Make up a lie if you it gives you strength to say no, such as you are now a full on triathlete and you ditched alcohol years ago and feel so much better. When are your boozy friends going to do the same? It sounds like you had an evening from hell with these drunks. Think of Mo's tavern in the Simpsons. What losers.

What's with the misogynistic comment about being worse than a woman? How old are you?
:cheers:

:thumbsup: You're the man!

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Sounds counter-productive, but to build up a better resistance to alcohol, little and often is the 'key'.

When I played rugby and cricket, I would regularly drink vast quantities of beer, and, although I'd be hungover massively, I wouldn't be wrecked during the course of the evening - just the nausea and headache the following day.

I let my hair down yesterday and had four pints of Newcastle Brown, and although I wasn't drunk, I had a rotten headache earlier this morning. I don't drink often these days, though, as it's £8 a pint here!

So the CC Christmas party in London should be fun (what, with all those real ales on offer and CM shouting the rounds! :whistle: ).

:angry:

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I was a licensee in my former (BeforeBubbas) life, it was a local tradition that the first customer through the door had to buy the landlord/lady a drink. Although I was never drunk, I drank all day long, just little sips from a glass of wine on the bcak of the bar..Over time you tend to become immune. On a good night out I would leave the majority of blokes rolling round on the floor!
I didn't drink for almost 4yaers from being pregnant with #2, to 'weaning' #3... First night out I had 2 glasses of Rose & had to be poured into a taxi at 20.30, I spent the night in the bathroom & 2 days with the curtains drawn.
I am glad to announce that it was a one off, i'm back to my usual fish like self!
But I don't drink for the 3/4 days in the run up to a long ride (well only water)

Nebulous

Guru
We used to meet up with a couple socially who only started drinking in their thirties. They started by sharing a can of sweetheart stout between them. They claimed that had an obvious effect.

By the time we met them they had moved on a bit although still not heavy drinkers - but I used to idly wonder what it would be like getting to thirty with a totally unsullied liver!

Top Bottom