Being checked for ID

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
That said, my Mum started teaching in 1968, and on speaking to a former work collegue who turned out to be the mother of one of the kids my Mum was teaching, she was VERY surprised to hear that my Mum was that old and coming up for retirement (at the end of this month in fact).

I must admit, my Mum doesn't look sixty t***e.

In a curious twist of fate, one of her workmates is actually someone she taught in the early '90s, and in fact, my boss at the special needs school I worked at for a while, had also graduated/worked with with my Mum.

Small world.

wafflycat

The local Morrisons refused to seel MrWC a bottle of wine (MrWC is in his 60s) on the grounds he may give it to an underage person (he was with WCMnr who is 21) once he had left the store...

The local Morrisons is run by jobsworthy idiots, who couldn't see my point when I asked when they would be stopping selling any alcohol to anyone at all..

Babs

wafflycat said:
The local Morrisons refused to seel MrWC a bottle of wine (MrWC is in his 60s) on the grounds he may give it to an underage person (he was with WCMnr who is 21) once he had left the store...

The local Morrisons is run by jobsworthy idiots, who couldn't see my point when I asked when they would be stopping selling any alcohol to anyone at all..
The village shop assistant refused to sell my friends' husband some alco pop's because she said he was going to take them home for his teenage kids (which was true) and they were under age. Joys of living in a village I guess.

Babs

Kaipaith said:
Bought a couple of bottles of Jacobs Creek from Co-op today, and was asked for ID. I really don't mind (I'd rather them ask than be unsure and still sell), but I'm a married man of 28 fer cryin' out loud!

Can anyone beat that? When was the last time you were asked for ID, and how old were you?
Only on the phone! Used to get callers saying 'can I speak to Mummy?'
reply...............I am Mummy!!
I have now perfected an older more mature voice. It took a few years though.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Babs said:
Only on the phone! Used to get callers saying 'can I speak to Mummy?'
reply...............I am Mummy!!
I have now perfected an older more mature voice. It took a few years though.

The mummy??most people would go by the name 'Little Miss Whiplash' or similar.

...Oh, sorry, you don't mean that sort of call!! B)

Mark_Robson said:
They do that to the oldies to make them feel good about themselves. :biggrin:

Careful I know where you live!:wacko::biggrin::biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Dave Davenport said:
There was a thing about this on the beeb's website a couple of weeks ago. A 40 something year old bloke on holiday in the states got asked for i.d in a bar and then they wouldn't accept his Bristish passport 'cause it was 'foreign'!

I've seen someone in an argument with a supermarket about evidence for their age because the supermarket wouldn't accept a provisional and worker who had watched far too many road war episodes or something kept on comically babbling on about you need a 'full UK driving licence'.

Rebel Ian

Babs said:
The village shop assistant refused to sell my friends' husband some alco pop's because she said he was going to take them home for his teenage kids (which was true) and they were under age. Joys of living in a village I guess.

That's not actually illegal though. You can give your children alochol in your own home from a very young age and it's perfectly legal.

Yep, just checked and it's legal from the age of 5!

Maz

Guru
addictfreak said:
I was asked in ASDA, and I'm bloody 48!
I've never been asked for ID before, but I sometimes hold up to the light any £5 and £10 notes given in my change to check if they're genuine.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Maz said:
I've never been asked for ID before, but I sometimes hold up to the light any £5 and £10 notes given in my change to check if they're genuine.

Whatever you do, DON'T try to spend Northern Irish notes over here, nobody knows what they are and I've come across quite a few retards working at the tills before (well, they do work in shops I guess).

Scottish notes in England are bad enough as it is!

I can't quite understand why these places do not get a booklet supplied to them with pictures of all of the different notes they can accept on them so that people actually KNOW what they look like!!

That'd be too sensible though I suppose.

Top Bottom