Being Furloughed and keeping myself occupied

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
There really aught to be two. It doesn't matter if they aren't quite the same size, that's only natural :rolleyes:

Gunk

Guru
I’ve been off since the end of March and I’m back 3 days a week from the 1 April July

I’ve quite enjoyed it and used the time to restore 5 bikes!

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
You know, one thing I've learnt from being furloughed and being/feeling isolated from the outside world is that money is not the be all of life. When at work your mind somehow works like a computer. Everything is all about logic.Payments in against payments out and working to the rules and regulations of your job. Ashamed to say this, but after working for the last 34 years without any time out, apart from the odd weeks holiday I've somehow become institutionalized. Life had become the normal of work, sleep and pay the bills, and to worry about my future security.
The last sixteen week or so of being virtually redundant have been very hard to adjust to, but in some respects its been an enlightenment in to discovering who you really are and embracing the very basics of life. Gone are the thoughts and worries of work etiquette and working through the numerous computer problems, to just thinking about what you're going to do today. Making something as simple as an Aluminium foil ball to thrashing out the miles on the bike as and when ever has been a great new experience for me, instead of having to consciously set aside the allocated time. Even the simplest most basic things have become a joy to watch. Feeding the birds and actually getting to know them individually has been great to watch. A family of Crows have been regularly feeding on the bird feeder and this week gone I've seen there young one's joining in. In a million year's i would of never noticed this whilst working.
As awful as this virus lock down has been there has been an upside to it for me. Its been a time to slow down and reflect on life and to see and rediscover that there's more to life than work and finance.Money is a great thing to have, but it's been so nice to enjoy life at a slower pace of late and get back to the basics of enjoying your surroundings and take in what's going on here and now instead of sleep waking through life worrying about work.
Saying that though I'm hopefully going back to work on Wednesday and back into the rat race again

Top Bottom