bell part...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Maz, 18 Feb 2008.

  1. Maz

    Maz Legendary Member

    Does anyone know the name of the dangly rod/hammer thing inside a traditional bell? Like on an old school bell for example. Does it have a special name or is it called a hammer or striker or something?

  2. Clapper.
  3. Dayvo

    Dayvo Just passin' through

  4. Maggot

    Maggot Guest

    Maybe it's a donger or something
  5. Keith Oates

    Keith Oates Janner

    Penarth, Wales
    Hammer is OK, Striker is OK, but or something doesn't seem right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Arch

    Arch Married to Night Train

    Salford, UK
    RT is right... clapper.
  7. No, you're thinking of something entirely different.:biggrin:
  8. Speck

    Speck Oldest Teenager In Town

    Nr Bath
  9. OP

    Maz Legendary Member

    Thank you very much. Clapper it is.
  10. Aint Skeered

    Aint Skeered New Member

    Metalic resonance actuator?
  11. Tetedelacourse

    Tetedelacourse New Member

    So which part is technically the bell end?
  12. Obviously, it's the end of the bell.;):biggrin:
  13. Pete

    Pete Guest

  14. Aint Skeered

    Aint Skeered New Member

    Nice pub at the bottom of that lane
  15. Alan Frame

    Alan Frame Gnu

    Lost In Space
    Clapper it is, and gives rise to the expression of "riding like the clappers" at high speed.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice