Bella in sella (looking good in the saddle)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GIOS

Questo posto è una bettola!
Haha, just remembered that I need to get a new pair of bibs. Otherwise people will soon turn green of disgust.

Shortmember

Bickerton Cyclocross Racing Team groupie
Personally, i'm an enthusiastic exponent of the 'Brutto in sella'(ugly in the saddle) style of cycling.I like to make my own 'green living' fashion statement when I trundle around on my seriously uncool Carrera Subway, wearing an unstylish and threadbare Millets Anorak,baggy Tesco Value jeans and mange infested trainers .

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Think I'm with Kingfielder on this one...Kingfielder3 hours ago
As a cyclist for 65 years I can honestly say that I still get a boost within seconds of getting into the saddle.
However I must say that the present generation of bikers look a right bunch of plonkers in all their fancy gear

redcard

Veteran
Rapha wearing nobbers... usually cr*p cyclists too

I probably couldn't tell what gear a cyclist was wearing unless we were stopped and chatting for several minutes. Even then it might not register. For you to be able to make this assumption riding around in London is a fair talent!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Not really. It says Rapha on the back, with a fairly obvious logo.

Don't get me wrong. I know some very good ones who wear it but it's a brand that does seem to attract a disproportunate number of riders who don't point out hazards in a group ride or who do unpredictable stuff. Just my observation, of course...

Lee_M

Guru
there's inverted snobbery attached to every hobby, cycling, hifi, sailing etc

there's always someone ready to disparage someone else because they spend more money on the hobby than the 'right-on' commenter thinks they should

D

Deleted member 1258

I just wear what I find comfortable and enjoy the ride.

Top Bottom