belt drive Ss or fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Hi guys.

I was planning on building a single speed last year but changes in work got in the way.

But the desire to have a low maintenance bike has never gone away. So if I wanted to spend less than, or around £500 on a test bike...but was keen on a belt drive (and possibly some tannus solid tyres to remove the need for tools)

I would love to pick up a trek district in the old grey and orange but cant find one and don't like the new flavour...it looks clunky.

I also plan a new road bike so don't want to go mad and look at something dazzling like the Schindelhauer Siegfried which in all respects looks perfect...other than being twice my budget...tempted though.
http://www.schindelhauerbikes.com/en/bikes/Siegfried.html

How much to fit a seat-stay splitter into a std singlespeed?

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Thanks, Sorry to steal it from you...especially as you put me onto it but it was too perfect to resist, except for the crud catcher which has to go. I'm sure I shall either love it or get bored of it very quickly, if its the latter, I'll let you know.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Thanks, Sorry to steal it from you...especially as you put me onto it but it was too perfect to resist, except for the crud catcher which has to go. I'm sure I shall either love it or get bored of it very quickly, if its the latter, I'll let you know.

You didn't steal it from me, I wasn't sure I wanted it, I offered £175 and he knocked it back. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, pics and write up please when you get it.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
You didn't steal it from me, I wasn't sure I wanted it, I offered £175 and he knocked it back. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, pics and write up please when you get it.
Phew...I dont feel so guilty now.
Will post a little write up, aiming to collect it midweek, thanks again for the shout.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Well, what Can I say?

I literally cannot believe the condition and design detail of this little gem.

say hello to "Milton"
130893317939891779_zpsyt3vg7hk.jpg

The scratch on the headset bolt is the only one I can find.

Looking forward to a ride into town tomorrow.

Top Bottom