Beltran tests postive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CotterPin

On the issue about coverage of the TdeF and doping stories, I seem to recollect that there was a story about a cricketer testing postive the other day? Interesting to hear of it in another sport and I am sure that cycling is not unique in having cheats.

But what struck me was that the cricketer's name was being witheld until the second test. How different that is to cycling! Think what happened to poor Rob Hayles earlier in the year.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
To be fair eurosport did talk about all of these things I believe, but I think they have more studio time so also talked about a lot of other things.

woohoo

Veteran
CotterPin said:
On the issue about coverage of the TdeF and doping stories, I seem to recollect that there was a story about a cricketer testing postive the other day? Interesting to hear of it in another sport and I am sure that cycling is not unique in having cheats.

But what struck me was that the cricketer's name was being witheld until the second test. How different that is to cycling! Think what happened to poor Rob Hayles earlier in the year.

Yes. It's a dreadful drugs-tainted sport(?).

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SPORT/07/14/cricket.drugs.ap/

It's funny that in cycling, many common practices like teams and riders co-operating with each other, money being offered to a rider to work for a rival in a breakaway, results being decided by arcane chivalry ('you take the stage old chap because I'm placed higher than you in GC and might get yellow if we work together and hold off the peloton') would be regarded as blatant cheating in other sports. Could you imagine two football managers before a match and one saying 'Tell you what, we've already won the championship and you guys need the points to avoid relegation. Lets do a deal shall we?' Dear god, we'd never, ever hear the end of it....

Tetedelacourse

y'know, as I typed that post before yours wiggum, I thought "should I double check the news?" then thought nah, the times are good, be positive (no pun intended).

19th overall? That's a big scalp. Please let there be no more.

Greenbank

Über Member

Top Bottom