Ben Goldacre - Helmet 'Bad Science'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

It's probably best that you don't use that line for your defence...

Anyway, why can't you be more creative with your insults? Well... when I say "more", I really mean just "creative". The t-word (you're the only one who's used it - twice) is so unimaginative, wouldn't you say?

Mine was in response to this post, he was clearly referring to me so i threw it back.... http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/ben-goldacre-helmet-bad-science.145564/post-2837091

We coud all keep banging away at this one forever and a day without the need to get personal. I don't unless people start first.

Anyway, one and all, enjoy your Christmas break in the real world. I hope it brings you some joy :thumbsup:

Wobblers

Euthermic
Mine was in response to this post, he was clearly referring to me so i threw it back.... http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/ben-goldacre-helmet-bad-science.145564/post-2837091

We coud all keep banging away at this one forever and a day without the need to get personal. I don't unless people start first.

Anyway, one and all, enjoy your Christmas break in the real world. I hope it brings you some joy :thumbsup:

Ah... I missed that. Silence is sometimes the most elegant response, though that's something I need to take heed of more myself (don't worry, I'm practising on improving the contrite expression :smile:!)

Thanks for the best wishes, I hope you and your family have a good Christmas yourself - and I hope your shoulder's better so that you can get out on the bike (with or without engine) to enjoy the one calm day it seems we're going to be getting! :smile:

Fascinating - I hadn't heard of that before (not being at all interested in football).

It is well documented.

Years ago, my department also produced evidence that the blood supply to the brain is affected by boxing.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Well this thread has been a fun read.

Has anyone got a logically consistent reason why one should wear a helmet when cycling, but not when walking? (Given that the risk of head injury is broadly similar)

Has anyone got a logically consistent reason why one should wear a helmet when cycling, but not when walking? (Given that the risk of head injury is broadly similar)

It is very very naughty to ask that question.... the answer is that this is a cycling forum and that it is therefore irrelevant. In fact it is simply a very valid question, but shows a certain hypocrisy in the debate

Linford

Broadly similar ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom