Ben Hur ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Old chestnut, been on too many times, like a lot of old films.

Hotblack Desiato

It is good. My favourite scene is the galley slave bit. Very clever use of effects.

Mind you, I still don't get how the drum co-ordinated the rowers as they seemed to row much slower than the beat.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have never got bored of watching the Chariot race scene.

I think I've seen it too many times. This is the curse of some films; good, but can become jaded in the mind through over exposure. I feel the same about White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life. Entertaining 'classic' films, but I feel I need to avoid watching them for a few years now and forget them a little so that they get back a degree of freshness when I next do sit down to watch them.

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
It is good. My favourite scene is the galley slave bit. Very clever use of effects.

Mind you, I still don't get how the drum co-ordinated the rowers as they seemed to row much slower than the beat.
The "drummer" was " Cap'n Baines off The Onedin Line. The chariot race is still amazing after all these years, better than anyCGI. EPIC!! ( and he's not even Moneysupermarket!)

[QUOTE 2230093, member: 1314"]One of the roman guards, at the crucified scene at the end, forgot to remove his watch. You can see he's still wearing it! lol

Saw Bambi, today, with 3 year old twin nephew/niece. Didn't like it. Despite mum being shot, far too sweet and pastoral.[/quote]
Serve you right for riding around Richmond Park during culling time, User. Happy New Year.

Top Bottom