Bendy bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is for sale here in France ..... is it as silly as it looks (to me) or would anyone learn to love it . I have no idea of value (if any) , this is a face to face haggle situation :wacko:
189613096_2805240619790161_7127869476574705771_n.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@woodbutchmaster you need it for wall art and the occasional ride .

Just go and start with a low ball offer and see what happens

D

Deleted member 1258

Wasn't that at one time a state of the art TT bike? I’m sure someone on here will tell you. Lost its drop bars.

Thats what I'm thinking, looks like someones converted it to normal road use, I would imagine its not the nicest ride.

Cross posted with Raleighnut.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thats what I'm thinking, looks like someones converted it to normal road use, I would imagine its not the nicest ride.

Cross posted with Raleighnut.
I dunno, my TT bike rides lovely it's very stable but then I suppose if you are riding on extension bars you need a bike that is happy going straight at high power input (you don't do well on time trials if you ain't happy on how the bike reacts)
I tried 'aero extensions' but couldn't get on with them so sold them on but kept the 'Bullhorns.and angled them up a bit (for comfort) so it looks a bit 'strange' unless you're riding it when it just 'fits' nicely. I loved riding it at night (when it seemed even faster) hence the bar extender fitted so that my Electron light set (twin 9 LED lamps) set up quite high on the bike to better see in front.

D

Deleted member 1258

I dunno, my TT bike rides lovely it's very stable but then I suppose if you are riding on extension bars you need a bike that is happy going straight at high power input (you don't do well on time trials if you ain't happy on how the bike reacts)
I tried 'aero extensions' but couldn't get on with them so sold them on but kept the 'Bullhorns.and angled them up a bit (for comfort) so it looks a bit 'strange' unless you're riding it when it just 'fits' nicely. I loved riding it at night (when it seemed even faster) hence the bar extender fitted so that my Electron light set (twin 9 LED lamps) set up quite high on the bike to better see in front.

View attachment 590147

I would imagine that used for its intended purpose it would be lovely, but used for normal road use it wouldn't be so good.

It would have been a TT bike, with lo-pro bull horn type bars. Probably in the days before clip on tri bars.

If you knew the history of it, it may have belonged to a top pro rider and may be worth more than you think.

Portuguese colours so may have been a national team bike, in any case frames such as this were always low production specials, so expect high quality light tubing and excellent workmanship

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If you could get a reasonably comfortable position out of it I don't see why it couldn't be fun and enjoyable to ride. Certainly a conversation piece and you could provide some amusing answers to those that think it's been rear ended by a SUV.
What price are you haggling around?
You'll need a bit of provenance if you want to tie it to s particular rider or team

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I would imagine that used for its intended purpose it would be lovely, but used for normal road use it wouldn't be so good.
Nah it doesn't have the 'loping' quality of a Raleigh/Carlton frame but as a road bike it does ride nicely, steering is 'quick' but not twitchy and with it being 653 not too 'buzzy'. It does have a very short wheelbase though, cllimbs hills very well. :becool:

Top Bottom