Bendy bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
W

woodbutchmaster

Veteran
If you could get a reasonably comfortable position out of it I don't see why it couldn't be fun and enjoyable to ride. Certainly a conversation piece and you could provide some amusing answers to those that think it's been rear ended by a SUV.
What price are you haggling around?
You'll need a bit of provenance if you want to tie it to s particular rider or team
I have offered €180 ...one more photo
188621045_2805240713123485_8369699015960917251_n.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Seems about right. I wouldn't want to offer any more but you might value it more if it really appeals.

OP
OP
W

woodbutchmaster

Veteran
I've pulled out, it's difficult to know exactly what the "seller" wants but l think that he is more interested in restoring it himself but wanted to test the water as to the bikes finished value ^_^

Wasn't that at one time a state of the art TT bike? I’m sure someone on here will tell you. Lost its drop bars.
Yup. Its a late 1980/early1990 TT bike.
Lots of them had 24" wheels. Terrible things to get comfortable on. They never really seemed to give the speed advantages that were claimed for them.

OP
OP
W

woodbutchmaster

Veteran
The same guy has got back to me with a question about this bike , he is after info about it . Needless to say l haven't a clue can anyone cast some light on the subject ?
190579533_1990815647739669_6419043269675774684_n.jpg

DRM

Guru
I think you've dodged a bullet looking at the rust near the lug/sticker saying what it's made of, which suggest they are French frame tubes.

Last edited:
Well, the yellow one is deffo a TT bike with 24 inch (or whatever the frogs call it) front wheel.
Why is an ebay seller pumping you for info on his stock. Sounds a bit fishy (not that I want to land them in France) to me.

Edit...something odd about the gearing. I can't quite get my head around what is going on, but whatever it is it ain't original. Looks like a bodge job.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

woodbutchmaster

Veteran
I think you've dodged a bullet looking at the rust near the lug/sticker saying what it's made of, which suggest they are French frame tubes.
Yes the label is Atelier de Maison Rouge. ...I'll put this one down as interesting but thats about it !

OP
OP
W

woodbutchmaster

Veteran
I'm quite pleased that the guy in Portugal is pumping me for info . if only because l am discovering references which are new to me ...for example :
2158408423_c8514e2ef0_z.jpg

AMR "CAMUS" Tubing catalogue 1985

CAMUS tubes were developed and marketed by Ateliers de Maison Rouge -AMR-, of Tonnerre to the NE of Paris, by a small team directed by Christophe Liebert - it is Christophe himself, out-of-the-saddle - on the cover of the catalogue. I think its called product testing!
The tubes were all plain gauge seamed products, and of varying weights..and shapes. They were extremely easy to work and brazed and welded readily . The alloy steels used were less technically complicated more predictable and less demanding than many of those of their their competitors.
The company was the first to introduce sets of aero tubes with round ends that could be used with lugs, - the Force7 and Force8 sets and it was also the first to introduce a full low-profile set with curved seat and top-tubes and aero section for all the other tubes- the CAMUS 789. All tubes were available on a mix and match basis.
The numerals in the names of the sets indicate the gauges of the tubes used.
The series of tubes were very popular with many custom builders, as they facilitated the production of unusual and often avantgarde frames at very reasonable cost.

OP
OP
W

woodbutchmaster

Veteran
Well, the yellow one is deffo a TT bike with 24 inch (or whatever the frogs call it) front wheel.
Why is an ebay seller pumping you for info on his stock. Sounds a bit fishy (not that I want to land them in France) to me.

Edit...something odd about the gearing. I can't quite get my head around what is going on, but whatever it is it ain't original. Looks like a bodge job.
I'm not sure why he is pumping me ,except that maybe because he is in Portugal and l am in France so he may be assuming l know all about French made bikes (big mistake) ....

Top Bottom