Best 12v air compressor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
have tried 2 differant cig lighter powered air compreeors to pump up hp 700 tyres and both struggle to go over 70 psi . anybody got any experiance of or can recommend others budget of £35 max .

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

Davidc

Guru
I use a Halfords own brand one. Gets to the 90 psi its rated at (as are marathon 700c 32 tyres). I have a sealed 12v lead acid battery (ex a UPS) in the garage with a 12v car type socket attached to run the pump.

I have a track pump as well but hardly ever use it - electric's easier.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
4F has the right answer...you'll 'bugger' an electric pump going for 100 PSI plus...

A good track pump will have your tyres up in a jiffy.....

Lazy funkers....sheesh...you'll be asking for electronic gear change next ! :smile:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
biggs682 said:
have tried 2 differant cig lighter powered air compreeors to pump up hp 700 tyres and both struggle to go over 70 psi . anybody got any experiance of or can recommend others budget of £35 max .

You can buy at least three budget track pumps from ASDA for that. Mine is still working four years after I bought it though it has been relegated to being used by my son while I monopolise the use of an SKS rennekompressor pump

Davidc

Guru
fossyant said:
4F has the right answer...you'll 'bugger' an electric pump going for 100 PSI plus...

Really?

I had to replace mine last year. The previous one (also Halfords) was bought in 1974 and had been inflating bike tyres to 90 to 100 psi throughout the intervening 35 years.

Sad git - I still had the receipt for the old one.

gps315

Über Member
Get a track pump, you wont regret it, i used to use a compressor and waited for ages for it to get up enough steam for high pressure (over 60psi). Track pump does it in seconds

I went for a Joe Blow Sport! Not used the compressor since

Top Bottom