Best Andorid App to replace a bike computer and GPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
KneesUp

KneesUp

Guru
I get what you are saying @PpPete - but I don't think of the second device as a 'phone' per se - just as a computer that is marketed as a phone. The beauty of a computer running android is that you can get it to do pretty much anything, whereas locked down computers like Garmins can only do what Garmin allow. So I could use my computer to work out which star is which, or to record voice notes about my travels, or to update a blog, or to read books, for example. And I could add things like bluetooth cadence, heart rate and power sensors if I ever felt the urge.

yello

My smartphone has so much crap on it, that it's slow to respond as a sodding phone. It's time to remove stuff methinks; battery saver, virus checker, call blocker, etc - they all use limited system resources.

@PpPete I have to agree, I actually run two gps units the bryton R20 as back up, because it just works no issues, the 705 its now proving pretty stable, and when I first started riding I used a Nokia N95 and endomondo, though its tracking was a little flaky to say the least, I had to flag some of my own rides on strava.

@KneesUp couldn't resist these re. stars.

Venus passing the Pleiades
6900371952_d2acf23f7b_s.jpg Venus Leaving the Pleiades -1 by nigelnaturist, on Flickr

and the Orion Nebula.

6900228092_7209e1535d_s.jpg Orion Nebula 2012-04-04 by nigelnaturist, on Flickr

Top Bottom